El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several Chevelle registries I've created over the past few years and have started one specifically for El Caminos - any year from 1964 thru 1988.

No fees, no names posted, just basic data on El Caminos. Anyone interested please visit the registry at http://elcaminoregistry.macswebs.com/ - other Chevelle registries are listed in the Nav bar if you have a specialty El Camino (SS396, SS454, L78, LS3, L78, L79, etc.)

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
Not to start that topic up again but 87 was the last year. Great idea by the way !

·
2,566 Posts
I would like to see other owners comment on this " El Camino Registry " . Thanks ...

Like I said above...I think it's a great idea. But I would be more comfortable if it was through NECOA. Nothing against 396Guy, but I think those in charge here would safe guard the personal info.
The only problem I could imagine is VIN numbers. There are states that will issue titles without much verification.

·
2,566 Posts
I thought this site is the El Camino registry?
Well a registry is used to find as many remaining vehicles as possible. So eventually with enough exposure we'd have an idea of how many of each year/model/engine were still around.
But it would need to be broken down further with all the modifieds out there. Probably more than half don't have original engines any more.
Sometimes you might see clusters of surviving VIN's. That's interesting too. Does it mean those were built better at that plant or were they repaired so much that owners refused to give up on them after putting so much into them?
Then there's the color breakdown. Again how many still have their original color?
So it may ask more questions than it answers. But it would still be a great resource.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
If the "396 Guy" is who I think he is, this is probably a safe place to register with VIN

Dale---Is this you????? Region and car in sig match so I am guessing this is you.
NECOA # seems to be about right for you as well.

Anyway----DaleM of Team Chevelle posted about this on the Chevelle forum, and I asked if I could post a link (or if I should), but it appears that he has already posted.
Same link here and there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If the "396 Guy" is who I think he is, this is probably a safe place to register with VIN

Dale---Is this you????? Region and car in sig match so I am guessing this is you.
NECOA # seems to be about right for you as well.

Anyway----DaleM of Team Chevelle posted about this on the Chevelle forum, and I asked if I could post a link (or if I should), but it appears that he has already posted.
Same link here and there.
It is Dale. I received an email from him. There was an error on the registration form which prevented you from submitting your registry information which Dale has corrected.

I submitted my registry this morning with a photo of trim tag, photo of vehicle and history of repairs and upgrades. I think it is a great idea. To register click on the link that Dale provided and then click on the register tab on top of page on the far right.

Dave

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Participating Member
2,257 Posts
Actually this is a pretty cool site.
I'm gonna dig out my documentation of ol' Sharp71 and register her! :nanawrench:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts