El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
3,706 Posts
I don,t know about an industry wide "motto" but, I can remember the El Camino being refered to as a "Cowboy Cadillac" (back in the 1960's)!
In the rag: El Camino & SS Muscle Portfolio 1959-1987, there is an article by Arch Brown (1959 El Camino.....Chevy's Circumcised Station Wagon) he writes,,,,,,,: In any case, the '59 Chevrolet, unlike the '58, was ideally suited to what some wag has refered to as "circumcision"-- the process by witch a station wagon is cut down to the configuration of a pick-up. And so, the El Camino was born. :dontknow:

Doug

· Registered
3,717 Posts
"El Camino & SS Muscle Portfolio 1959-1987, there is an article by Arch Brown (1959 El Camino.....Chevy's Circumcised Station Wagon) "

So by that logic.. all El Caminos are to be referred to in the masculine and not the feminine as is normal for a vehicle. So If i say " I love my baby" in reference to my elky, am I therefore admitting to having an un-natural affection for another "man"? :dontknow: or should i just be confident enough in my manhood to give it a hug and be done with it? I am glad they didnt name it El Circumsiso!!

· Registered
1,224 Posts
"the mullet"
"all business up front, and party in the back"
That's been the sayings for Elco's for years

· Registered
3,706 Posts
, was ideally suited to what some wag has refered to as "circumcision"--

The word "wag" stumped me! I didn't know if it was a noun or a verb!,,,,,,,,So I googled it. Wag is a acronym that the British tabloids use(d) for "wives and girlfriends" of football players, etc.:dontknow:
SO,,,,,,,,,,(I'm just guessing), some "wives and gilfriends" thought GM cut off the part of a station wagon that wasn,t needed and ended up with a clean, working vehicle! :hail: , :poke: , :lol: .

Doug

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just ordered the corvette saying for my vette license plate frame since I hacked up my last one for a rear view camera I recently got rid of. Thinking about ordering one for the elky whenever it gets running.

· VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,105 Posts
"El Camino & SS Muscle Portfolio 1959-1987, there is an article by Arch Brown (1959 El Camino.....Chevy's Circumcised Station Wagon) "

So by that logic.. all El Caminos are to be referred to in the masculine and not the feminine as is normal for a vehicle. So If i say " I love my baby" in reference to my elky, am I therefore admitting to having an un-natural affection for another "man"? :dontknow: or should i just be confident enough in my manhood to give it a hug and be done with it? I am glad they didnt name it El Circumsiso!!
That's way too much personal information. Counseling might be necesary!
As far as a motto, how's this? "El Caminos are the best way to cruck around."
:secret:

· ZERO MPG
15,383 Posts
"Rides like a dream punch it will SCREAM!!" Chevy. The truck with a touch of class .

G

·
My girlfriend called it the transexual of cars since it offered both....
I'm not too fond of that but I'll live with it til I find a nickname for her 09 Jetta.

· ZERO MPG
15,383 Posts
My girlfriend called it the transexual of cars since it offered both....
I'm not too fond of that but I'll live with it til I find a nickname for her 09 Jetta.

Getting the truck back today can't wait eight more hours till pick-up.

· Registered
1,940 Posts
Yep, someone already said it, "Business up front, party in the rear."

· Supporting Member
4,739 Posts
How about the one at the top of the site- " Interesting People Drive Interesting Cars"

· ZERO MPG
15,383 Posts
For the women who loves to shop in luxury!!!!:inlove:

· Registered
3,706 Posts
Yep, someone already said it, "Business up front, party in the rear."
From the "Urban dictionary" (I found through Google): ...#10 El Camino...
1) possibly the greatest car ever made.
2) Car-truck hybrid.
3) Spanish for"El Camino". (?)
4) (a poem?) El Camino,,, El Camino,,, The front is like a car,,, The back is like a truck,,, The front is where you drive,,, The back is where you...,,, El Camino,,, El Camino...

From the "Urban dictionary": A pickup truck. Usually with the truck bed filled with empty beer cans and/or dogs.

From looking up Cowboy Cadillac!

Doug

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.