El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered new front speakers from The El Camino Store on July 27. Their e-mails to me showed the order was completed. The order showed I should receive them in 3-6 business days. THIRTEEN DAYS LATER I called them (owned by Eckler's) and was told the speakers would be shipped that day!!!!!

They sounded VERY blase about the whole order, as if they didn't care.

I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN!

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,292 Posts
..same here,I all ways here something bad about them and I never order from them.
:beer:

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
lets not start up a second thread about the El camino store please,,admin move it to the old prev thread with a ton of post Thanks !!

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
If you want to order from ECC, do it by phone. They will tell you whether it's in stock or not. If it's not, don't order. I NEVER order from them online!!:twisted:

·
Registered
929 Posts
Ordered floor mats through them, and a door striker. Got them both on time, go figure. Although I do feel their prices are a bit steep... I have had great luck with Dixie Monte Carlo and Mike's Montes, both of which carry el camino specific parts despite the names.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Dixie Monte Carlo has always been "Scary" Quick when I order...Real cool, but they don't have everything.

I use PayPal to buy online from everyone, just seems safer...Might have something to do with service.

In the last 60 days I have ordered $1200 from The El Camino Store...all shipped on-time...Just Lucky?

·
Registered
535 Posts
I have noticed that PayPal orders ship quicker than Credit Card orders. But I still usually get them in a week or less. I am awaiting last Thurdays order and it looks like I will be getting it tomorrow according to tracking info.

PFlo :beer:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I ordered a reverse switch from them a month ago hasn't arrived yet e-mailed them a few times say it''s on back order last email I sent asking about it......it was like hey will e-mail you when it comes in as if they were put out with me asking about it I cancelled the order.

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - 2013 Founders' Award Re
3,670 Posts
El Camino Store is the worst in the business wait until you have a real part problem and see what happens go pull up the old thread and study their history with your members.

My question is why not use an ECC or NECOA El Camino supporting store there are a few.
Personally I support NPD good customer service good people and if a problem comes up they are on it and resolve it. They have 3 outlets and cover border to border and coast to coast.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
I must be the lucky one ordered 6 things and got them all. Then three years later my car cover with a 5 year warranty was replaced free. Had a little problem they didn't offer the exact one but said I could have my money back or the new one witch was a fine cover so far.

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
The El Camino Store sold me window seal strips and a oair of windwing gaskets for my 64. I knew going in tbe parts would be imported, but, I was completely bummed by the poor fit. The windwing gaskets didn't hardly want to fit. It took hours to coax this stuff into my doors and the fit is marginally acceptable.
Will I shop there again? No.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I ordered from them before Ecklers bought them and had good dervice. Haven't ordered since . If need parts I order them from El Caminos Plus. Never had a problem.

·
Registered
298 Posts
for my Impala I was looking for the hood emblem - found it on eBay for about 1/2 the price of Ecklers ... perhaps it's time to drop them as a source.

·
Registered
95 Posts
parts seem of cheaper quality, color never mateches from elcaminostore. we did all of our interior restor from them...regretting it not even a year later.:dontknow:

·
Registered
203 Posts
All parts for my 65 were from OPGI... All chinese [email protected]@@.. nothing fits right, nothing has good finish.. looks like it was made in china for a $1.00 an hour pay, But hey.. better than not having the part at all I suppose. Wish our country still had its factory jobs and USA quality control.

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
All parts for my 65 were from OPGI... All chinese [email protected]@@.. nothing fits right, nothing has good finish.. looks like it was made in china for a $1.00 an hour pay, But hey.. better than not having the part at all I suppose. Wish our country still had its factory jobs and USA quality control.
Dustin, you nailed it. Seems like everything is made somewhere else. FYI, they work for less than $1.00 per hour, especially in textiles and clothing. Semi slaves!
The rubber goods I bought were a poor fit and didn't last too long. This problem affects every one of us.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I've ordered from them but I try to avoid them. I think they don't stock parts they just order from someone when they get your order and then they ship out once they get it. Hell we could all print up a catalog and go in business it seems to be working for some-people.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts