El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to buy an el camino in nj i have about $4500 to spend im looking for something i can use as a daily driver. ive been riding harleys since i was in my teens and i can no longer ride so an el camino is going to be my replacement.(ive always wanted one!) thanks for any help

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Hi, John. Welcome from Florida. I lived 62 years in NJ. I am sure some members in your region could steer you to some nice Caminos.
Sorry yoy are no longer riding. Me too. Here in Florida the oldq folks like me drive like maniacs. I miss riding a lot. I had a few Sportsers over the years.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the welcome! i was worried about putting a wanted post as my first post . nj is still the same im sure,i hope to be down your way in a few more years!

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
You might want to read the posting guidelines. I am uncertain whether a noob searching for an Elky is permitted. One of the moderators will straighten you out.

·
Acting Director, Region 13
2,048 Posts
Welcome, John from Texas. :texas: I'm sure someone in your area can help you. Enjoy the site!

Tim

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks! i was down by you a month ago theres a guy by tuckerton who has 4 3rd gen ones for sale but they are really rough and he wants a lot for them. it was nice to see them all in one place

·
Venerated Member RIP
2,918 Posts
Have you considered going SOUTH to find an el camino. In the long run you may save money not having to deal with the rust level many elkys have in the north. Airfare is cheap compared to major rust repair... heck you might be able to find one, fly down for final inspection and drive her back to NJ

Just a thought... good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts