El Camino Central Forum banner

121 - 140 of 147 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
I am coming from Tyler, and will be getting to Shreveport about 7:30. I will take 3132 from I-20 around to 49. I would be willing to caravan if the time frame works for you. Just let me know.

Tim
I will meet you at the on ramp called "Southern Loop" at 7:30. I will be at the on ramp headed south in a red Ford F-150 pickup truck and this is the last on / off ramp overpass headed south out of Shreveport.

Rick

·
Registered
31 Posts
Trying to post some pics. Haven't used my photo bucket account in forever.

·
Registered
31 Posts
31_C6_E9_CD_E2_FE_461_E_9_BD9_E66609_E6_AF7_E" media="(max-width: 640px)"> 31_C6_E9_CD_E2_FE_461_E_9_BD9_E66609_E6_AF7_E" media="(max-width: 960px)"> 31_C6_E9_CD_E2_FE_461_E_9_BD9_E66609_E6_AF7_E" media="(max-width: 1920px)">

·
Super Moderator
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
We had a great turnout even with the few last minute cancellations. I'd like to personally thank all who attended and helped out with this event. Blanchard started us out right by providing a 1st class dinner while welcoming us to his gorgeous home on Cane River Lake.

Congratulations to all of the winners (pictures to follow)!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
And the winners are...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
What a great time!!

we had such a blast and thanks to everyone for the hospitality!!

Chris & Mona.....

guess gonna see if the screen name can be changed to EightBald!

·
Acting Director, Region 13
2,047 Posts
Great location, great cars great weather and great people. Awesome time:smile:
That sums up my feelings as well. Many thanks to Josh and Blanchard for setting this up, and Geno for prizes and goody bags.

Tim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Enjoyed meeting and visiting with everyone. Really nice group of people. Thanks to all who helped organize and put this event on.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Re: Photobucket. They announced a while back that they no longer allow “hot-linking” pictures on other websites unless you have a paid account. A real deal-killer. I had 12 years of photos to manually download to my pc.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Had a blast, it was great to see old friends again and meet new ones. @Chris, as my dad says: “God only made so many perfect heads, the rest He covered with hair!” Lol

·
Administrator
7,007 Posts
Great Get-Togerher

We very much enjoyed the dinner and early part of the show, but once again had to depart early. However, there were no diesel mechanics on-duty at the Shreveport GMC dealership - but I did receive assurances from service manager that no harm to engine would result from driving at "limited power". Made the 4-hour trip home in 6 1/2 hours - watching trucks and cars go by at double my 55 mph. Thanks to all who make us feel so welcome, and especially Blanchard and Josh. I take back my comment that Blanchard's "aged-beef" would be older, beyond milk-production, Holsteins. He should consider giving up his day job in favor of full-time cooking!...................Ken

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I had a great time and it was great to see everyone again and meet some new members. I'll post some pics later and I'd really like to thank Rick for bringing down the trans. Thanks, Rick.

The show was excellent and it's a great place to have a show. We had all generations (1 thru 5) of the El Camino represented and quite a few spectators. Thanks to everyone for a great time, looking forward to next years show.

Geno and Smokey

:happy:

·
Super Moderator
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
We very much enjoyed the dinner and early part of the show, but once again had to depart early. However, there were no diesel mechanics on-duty at the Shreveport GMC dealership - but I did receive assurances from service manager that no harm to engine would result from driving at "limited power". Made the 4-hour trip home in 6 1/2 hours - watching trucks and cars go by at double my 55 mph. Thanks to all who make us feel so welcome, and especially Blanchard and Josh. I take back my comment that Blanchard's "aged-beef" would be older, beyond milk-production, Holsteins. He should consider giving up his day job in favor of full-time cooking!...................Ken
You just missed a certified diesel mechanic at the event. He said it probably was a clogged fuel filter. :dontknow:

121 - 140 of 147 Posts