El Camino Central Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
My wife and I will be driving in on Friday and staying at the Hampton Inn. Sadly, we will not be in the El Camino. I spent the day preparing to pull the engine and transmission. It's gotten to the point of filling the old tranny, driving 25-30 miles and then filling it again. The front seal is shot. I figure the best thing is to pull it all and put new gaskets and seals throughout. I still look forward to meeting everyone and enjoying the weekend. Monday it's back to work and off to California. Then I get a day at home before leaving for Maryland. One day I'll have time to actually get some work done on my cars. I'm actually going to finish pulling the engine and transmission tomorrow. Did I mention that tomorrow is my 49th anniversary? I'm sure my wife loves me if I get away with this one! https://elcaminocentral.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
We'll be happy to have you there regardless of the El Camino. :cool4: I feel your pain with being busy. I sometimes wonder how I can get anything accomplished. :roll:

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
Wish we could make it, I have a midterm on Monday in statistics. Have fun for us and we will see you at 60th.

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Had a good time today, saw many nice cars and met new, friendly people. What more can anybody ask for?

Rick

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
We had a pretty good turnout considering the threat of rain. Total of 9 El Caminos were in attendance, and we had several members who came without their Elky, which I'm am truly grateful to have met each of them.

We took a cruise out to Cane River Commencery, where we ate lunch and enjoyed some laughs and great conversations.

I would like to thank each and every one of you who came and helped out with this year's El Caminos on the River event. Happy cruising and see everyone at the 60th Anniversary in Arlington, TX!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
And the winners are...

Best Engine
Blanchard Short

Best Paint
Chuck Daniels

Best Interior
Ray Smith

Best Custom
Ted Myrick

Best Stock
Wayne Ourbe

Best Work in Progress
Jimmy Bordelon

PEOPLE'S CHOICE
Vernon McMillan

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #47

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,585 Posts
Wish that this event was a little closer to me here in the Florida Keys but want to encourage others that are able to attend . I have met a number of the attending members and can guarantee that they are a group of fine , knowledgeable people that love their Caminos as much as you do and you would be glad you went . Soo , think about turning that ignition key and joining in the fun :smile3:

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,530 Posts
Looks like a good time. One day I'll be back.:cool2:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Thanks again to Kruizer for putting the meet together and to all the people who showed up, camino or no, to visit and look. Great weather and great town. We expect 30 cars next year!

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Thanks again to Kruizer for putting the meet together and to all the people who showed up, camino or no, to visit and look. Great weather and great town. We expect 30 cars next year!
It was a pleasure to get together with some old friends and make some new ones as well. A huge THANK YOU to everyone who helped out with this event! Blanchard (kingstir) was gracious enough to setup the venue and provide some absolutely delicious grub and hospitality on Friday. :hail2:

I look forward to next year's event, and I totally agree with Clai, 30 cars next year should be our goal! :cool2:

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
What a nice picturesque town for the images this year and last year.

Sounds like a very successful event.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts