El Camino Central Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Due to Coronavirus my conference has been cancelled, so I can now come to ECOR 2020. I assume we are still on?

·
Super Moderator
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just got a call from the people from the venue (Vermilionville). They are closing for the time being, so I will be rescheduling the event once everything settles down. If you have preregistered, I can either hold your preregistration until the rescheduled event, or I can provide a refund to your PayPal. Let me know your preference at your earliest convenience.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
While I lament the current situation that we all find ourselves in, this change in the date will likely allow me to attend the ECOR event. I look forward to seeing all who may attend in good health.

Rick

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just got a call from the people from the venue (Vermilionville). They are closing for the time being, so I will be rescheduling the event once everything settles down. If you have preregistered, I can either hold your preregistration until the rescheduled event, or I can provide a refund to your PayPal. Let me know your preference at your earliest convenience.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
We are in the middle of the craziest thing I have ever seen in my life. Maybe an early June, or late May event would be best for everyone involved. Please keep my registration and let me know when the rescheduled event will be.

·
Super Moderator
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
We are in the middle of the craziest thing I have ever seen in my life. Maybe an early June, or late May event would be best for everyone involved. Please keep my registration and let me know when the rescheduled event will be.
Thank you for your prompt response, Gary! I'll be sure to post the rescheduled date as soon as we can peg down the date.

Stay safe,
Josh (Kruizer)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Since we can't make it this weekend, what were you guys going to drive? Mine is a 1985 SS. I try and drive it to work at least 3 times a week.It is not a show car, it is a driver. I would love to do an Autocross with it. It has a Monte Carlo SS sway bars, heavier springs and Global West tubular control arms front and rear. I have had it for almost 15 years. The paint is chipped, dash is cracked, but I love driving this thing. Covid-19 has screwed us up, but we can at least show what we were bringing on here without getting sick. :)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Any interest from anyone else in this event??? 🤷‍♀️

·
Registered
435 Posts
I'm in. There might only be a small window between virus peaks at the beginning of September.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Which reminds me--there's a great barbecue place open in town--named Blanchard's. It is excellent bbq, and I keep pretty high standards for bbq, For many years we had no bbq in town at all. And I know, I doubt anyone comes from out of town to Lafayette to eat bbq, but those of us who live here enjoy a little artistry once in a while. And this counts as artistry. Blanchard should stop by and see if they are relations.

·
Super Moderator
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Which reminds me--there's a great barbecue place open in town--named Blanchard's. It is excellent bbq, and I keep pretty high standards for bbq, For many years we had no bbq in town at all. And I know, I doubt anyone comes from out of town to Lafayette to eat bbq, but those of us who live here enjoy a little artistry once in a while. And this counts as artistry. Blanchard should stop by and see if they are relations.
Sounds good, but I have reservations for up to 40 people at the LA-CUISINE-DE-MAMAN located on the ground of the event. Perhaps you can provide an opinion on the food there?

·
Registered
435 Posts
I've enjoyed the food whenever I've eaten there. It's more in the "hearty meal" style than "haute cuisine" but that appeals to me personally. They employ local cooks and you get the things you expect down here--a really good gumbo or etouffee, seafood dishes handled correctly, not overcooked or lost in the carbohydrates. Now you won't get the light, homemade crab stuffings or the super cuts of steak, but that's not what you are looking for from them.

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
# 149
You can left click your avatar.
Then click on "ABOUT"

or click this link.

You can click on another member's avatar
Then click on ABOUT to see their profile information.

Hope this helps

·
Super Moderator
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Thanks for the insight, Clay! Sounds like it will be good.

Rick, you are one of the earliest members I've seen on here (#149)! Hope you can make it this year!

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Kruizer,

I might finally have a dependable EC this time. Fingers crossed.

Rick

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Kruizer,

I might finally have a dependable EC this time. Fingers crossed.

Rick

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Awesome! Hope to see you there! :cool:(y)

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Ah, I'm a moron. I responded to a message destined for the original Rick. I'm merely a later, less experienced Rick.

Another Rick

21 - 40 of 64 Posts