El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
I like the full name he lists: THIS IS A CLASSIC 1981 ELCAMINO SS EL MONTE MONTE CARLO CONQUISTA.. FULL SIZE. boy i'd hate to have to say that whenever someone asked me what it was.

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
Well it sure looks like they did a good job fitting the Monte front clip on there, but I didn't think the door where the same...hmmmm

·
Banned
881 Posts
The doghouse and the doors are from an 81 Monte Carlo. The side windows and the rest of the body is a 5th generation El Camino. The mirrors are from an 86-87 Elky or an F-body. It's someones project that they've pieced together. I've seen this done before with Monte parts. It's also been done with parts from a Grand National, Gran Prix, and Regal.

:mrgreen:

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
Eh, hosers, this is a Canadian Made version! Doh! What BS.
:oops:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Well, having lived in Canada for 47 years I can assure you it is not "made in Canada!...as the VIN indicates 1GCCW80H3BD408925
1st digit 1= MADE IN USA
W80= El Camino
"CANADIAN MADE VERSION AND IS FULL SIZE" BS! doesn't look like a B body to me.

And as you can see from this site.... http://www.beaterz.com/ they can come from all over the world. You can't let one guys bad taste speak for a nation. :?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I too have seen many variations of this concept. The doors and front matches and the qtrs are not a problem.

I will have to say that the grand National that was done some years ago was really a nice piece. It was a complete change-over from a GN hit in the rear as I remember and it was a first class job.

Hmmmm I wouldn't mind having it today myself. Jim

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you want to see a neat looking prototype, look at this. It was created in 1988 to be I guess the 6th gen elky. It looks like a 93-97 camaro with el camino.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts