El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of people own elCamino's? Do they wave at other elCamino people? (I've only had another '68 owner wave in Susanville California)Do they talk to other elCamino owners outside of shows? (I did talk to one guy outside of Talent Oregon) I'm asking to find out proper elCamino etiquette. Has anyone else wondered? :lol:

I've also noticed that the condition of elCaminos fall into two camps. Either very nice, or very beaten. Am I wrong in my assesment? :roll:

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
All kinds of people own Elkys, I like to talk to anyone who drives one if it is being taken care of. If they're abusing their Elky they should be TORTURED and then SHOT AT SUNRISE!!! I consider myself a friendly kind of guy! :lol:

·
Registered
105 Posts
personally i honk and wave when i spot another elky on the road. I have stopped other elky owners at a junkyard, walmart, and at every show i attend! Its always fun seeing new ideas and hearing the stories :)

As for the beaten/nice deal, im in between! Being a New York daily driver the body is starting to go South, but my elco is mechanically strong :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
i always honk and wave. they seem to appriciate when im driving my Camino. never know when you will meet a new source of info. get funny looks when driving other than. 8O
i have always found people either luv the Camino or hate it. not much for in betweens.

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
To be honest most El Camino owners (as well as most muscle car owners) wave or give a thumbs up. It's very typical that I get approached atleast once a week by someone wanting to buy mine...She's clean, but by no means a beauty! :D

·
NECOA Founder
844 Posts
Seems most of you guys have come to the same conclusions that I have about El Caminos & GMCs. People either really like them or they hate them. Elkys I find are either in very good to excellent shape or they are ragged. I wave at other Elkys on the road and the other owners either wave back or they haven't the faintest idea that they are driving something special. I've also found that the interest in El Caminos & GMCs has picked up considerably in the last two years. The NECOA is going to help spread the word that the El Camino and GMC Sprint-Caballero is, indeed, something special and we need to preserve this wonderful car/truck.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Compromising people like me. I wanted a truck with performance and handling. Needed something that would pass a truck towing a travel trailer followed by a truck towing a boat followed by an 18 wheeler followed by several cars that won't pass anything. Needed the ability to pass all at once on short stretches for 80 miles of hilly curvy two lane to get me home safely on the weekends. 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts