El Camino Central Forum banner

ELCOFest '23 - "The Midwest's Biggest All-El Camino Show"!

7K views 115 replies 20 participants last post by  Old Bear 
#1 ·
Hey El Camino family...can't believe it but we're officially SIX MONTHS OUT from ELCOFest '23 already!
😳

Hope you've been using your winter downtime to get that Camino or Caballero ready for the next episode of "The Midwest's Biggest All-El Camino Show"!

This year's event is shaping up to be even bigger and better than the inaugural event and promises to be yet another amazing El Camino get together!
We've got a few BIG things in store for this one! We'll be adding a parts swap and a for sale areas to the event, as well as one heck of a raffle item that will be sure to fire everyone's cylinders! ;)

The Show Flyer will be released soon once we get all the sponsors on board and we're getting very close to opening up Pre-Registration and Event Shirt sales as soon as we nail down just a few more things.

As always, ALL of the current and related event details can be found on the event website at www.ELCOFest.com such as the Event Schedule, Venue & Lodging Information, Flyer downloads, and Registration information.

Updates and change-related information will always be released on the event website, the FB Event Calendar listing, on our FB Event Page, as well as sent out via email through the subscription mailing list first. You can subscribe to the mailing list on the event website.

We're working on securing and have a few of the Group Rates set up at the area hotels, securing sponsorships, and dialing in the other necessary details.

So, be sure to check back with us regularly for updates as the date gets closer for new information as it becomes available...there will likely be a quite a few of them as things develop!

Let's make ELCOFest the biggest El Camino Family Reunion ever! And it should be a pretty easy task based on the feedback we're getting from last year's event heading into this one!
💪
😎

Poster Font Red Advertising Logo

See less See more
#65 ·
Heading to Indiana, first stop along the way Gallup NM
View attachment 157263
Enjoy that ride along Route 66! One of my bucket list items in my ELCO...done it a few times in a big truck, at least on the Interstate parts!
Safe travels and be sure to stop at the Big Texan Steak House in Amarillo...the rib eye is on point! Looking forward to seeing you next weekend!!

#74 ·
Hello,

My EC made it to my Dad's house in Kentucky today and ran flawlessly all the way from Louisiana. No problems at all and none anticipated.

But wow - I witnessed a fatal 18-wheeler on 18-wheeler accident about 200-300 yards in front of me this morning on I-30 eastbound a bit southwest of Little Rock. I got to the woman about a minute after the accident after getting all traffic behind us stopped on the highway. But she was gone by the time I got there. No need to perform CPR or other resuscitation. Her husband and I met each other to find her at the same time in the middle of the road in a pile of debris. Awful, just awful. And it was her husband's fault. Both sides of the road were closed for about three hours.

Be careful out there folks. This woman never knew what hit her. Horrible . . .

Rick

#77 · (Edited)
Would you be able to post any bad construction areas in Louisville, Indianapolis or anywhere else?
I'm waiting on details of I-65 Construction through Indianapolis. Should be able to post them by this afternoon. Not sure if straight through or one of the outer belt go around would be better.
I will be Northbound out of Nashville on i-65.

Weather.gov is a good site for not only weather but Construction, accidents and whatnot for all states. Though first person knowledge is usually the best.

Thanx

#89 ·
I picked up TN109 N off of I40, then on to I65 N and then 31 North to us 6.
No problems with construction All the Way .
About 35 miles south of Louisville there was miles of new Lanes being added but that was separated from the main line. Same area the winter frost heaves let you know where road expansion joints are.