El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So if the eletric fuel pump pushes fuel through manual fuel pump is this good or bad????

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Pretty basic stuff here.. use either / or but not both. But then again, you are racking up the posts.

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,209 Posts
Indeed CJ. Ask all the questions you want but please try to place them in the forum that fits...like exterior for windshield....And please stay on the same thread instead of starting like 3 on a windshield replacement.

As you have noticed, members here are willing and anxious to help.

:beer: to ya!

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
Didn't someone here just post recently about a regulator spewing gas all over the engine compartment?
I would say use the mechanical pump.

·
Banned
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
86 elcamino with intank electric fuel pump with 3/8" main & 1/4" return lines I have Purchases Holley 12-803 Fuel Pressure Reglator How Do I connect this Up????

·
2,566 Posts
It should splice into the fuel line before the carb. Then adjust the pressure down to 6-7 psi. Not sure what the psi should be for your set up but I'm sure someone here will know.
Do you need to remove the other pump and make a block off plate?

·
2,566 Posts
Wouldn't you rather use the mechanical pump? So much easier to change if the need arises.

·
Banned
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BOBBY 78 I am going mechanical fuel pump and have connected it up. But i need to disable the intank fuel pump without removing it .

·
Registered
8 Posts
BOBBY 78 I am going mechanical fuel pump and have connected it up. But i need to disable the intank fuel pump without removing it .
I know this is an old thread, but I'm trying to figure if I have to do the same thing. 396 w/mechanical fuel pump and electric in tank pump. What do I replace the tank pump with?

·
Registered
12,533 Posts
you can replace the intank pump with a piece of 3/8" steel or copper tubing with a piece of hose and clamps to connect it like the pump,,
put a clamp around the tube at the bottom to hold it in place.. put a 90 degree bend at the bottom..
youll want a strainer of some kind at the bottom I built some from fine brass or stainless screen..
make sure you use hose rated for submersion in gas..
you could probably find someone swapping to efi to trade with you,, the intank senders are hard to find now days..

or keep the intank pump and add a regulator at the carb,, then you wont need the mechanical pump,, may be easyer..

·
Registered
8 Posts
you can replace the intank pump with a piece of 3/8" steel or copper tubing with a piece of hose and clamps to connect it like the pump,,
put a clamp around the tube at the bottom to hold it in place.. put a 90 degree bend at the bottom..
youll want a strainer of some kind at the bottom I built some from fine brass or stainless screen..
make sure you use hose rated for submersion in gas..
you could probably find someone swapping to efi to trade with you,, the intank senders are hard to find now days..

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.5004123266155482&pid=1.7&w=222&h=172&c=7&rs=1 or keep the intank pump and add a regulator at the carb,, then you wont need the mechanical pump,, may be easyer..
Thanks for the info, JJ!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts