El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you read it right. my elky got pretty screwed up, fuel line busted and something ignited it and things went downhill fast. hood is all warped also. so yeah, bad day,but i will show up to belton even if i havent gotten the elk fixed.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I feel bad...I once got a fuel leak on the way to work,I was half way there and figured I'd make it.
I did over 110 Mph through traffic,and even past a cop...he didn't move.:dontknow:
When I got to work 10 minutes later,fuel was everywhere...I doused the engine with water.
I must have a few guardian angels...moral of the story?
Always use a fuel leak to drive over the limit legally.:twisted:

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,536 Posts
Dang, Marshall. Sorry for all the bad luck at once. Glad the fire didn't get any bigger. So what is damaged on the engine? Wires, distributor, etc....??

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
under the hood is gonna need everything electrical, carb, possibly an intake, and the ignition system for sure.idk what else, havent torn into it yet

·
Premium Member
12,547 Posts
Caught on fire & got hit by a truck? What did you do to anger the El Camino god!!:poke:
Sorry dude, that bites. But since you lived through both, things are a lot better than they could have been. Glad your O.K.:beer:
Donny

·
Executive Committee Board Member
727 Posts
Marshall - "Been down so long - looks like up from here."

Things can only get better buddy - hang in there

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
i have a hei and used wires,and a core q jet you can have if it will help you. i will be home later tonight and can send them off sat

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i have insurance but they havent looked yet, will be rebuilt no matter what they do with it.

·
Registered
671 Posts
sorry to hear, glad your ok . I had a similar problem on my 280zx went to change the fuel filter and lines to and from it got it all put back together started it up and a 4" hose on the fuel rail burst open fuel everywhere . lucky it didn't ignite. just another trip to the parts store for some fuel inj. line. Murphy's Law strikes again. :nanawrench:

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,536 Posts
Marshall,

I've got an extra HEI distributor if you need it. Let me know if you do, and I'll bring to Belton, or I'll find a way to get it to you sooner if necessary.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts