El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know who the original manufacturer of 5th Gen electric clocks was? Was it Borg?

Thinking about trying to bring a dead clock back to life with a do-it-yourself kit - if it is Borg clock.
Also open to suggestions.

Thanks - Jim

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
I know someone who restores late GM clocks, just got two from him for my 78 Camaro (gotta have spare!) Let me check to see if he's interested in taking on mo business.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Clock

Guys - thanks for the info. Mine turned out to be a General Times as well. It was a llittle harder to dechipher as the label was gone from the one I bought. So the kit would not work with it.

So, I bought another clock and this one is a Quartz. I think it was an optional clock in '82. The first one I bought on EvilBay was not and it didn't work anyway. But to put in a good plug for a seller known as shovelhead out in Fresno - the original description said it worked. After paying and before he sent it he tested it again and it stopped working. He refunded my money and sent it anyway with the chance I could get it running. Well I couldn't. So I am not out a penny. But I am going to send him the shipping costs for being a good seller.

The vendor I contacted that was selling the conversion kit wanted $91 + shipping to convert it to a quartz clock. Used one cost $20. Only time will tell.... :roll:

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts