El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking for a site with a very well put together history page... mostly because i want to know all about the engines for the years of eklys i am looking forward to buying... although i want a 69,70 the ones for sale near me are 78-88 so i am looking at mainly both of these types... some of the adds say v8, that is why i was wondering if it is a true "V" 8 or if they just say v8 instead of 8 cylinders. i remeber reading something about it only being a "V" if the cylinders are at a certain angle. thats why i need a good elky info page... i want to know every detail about every elky from 69+ can anyone help?

·
Banned
881 Posts
Endever said:
... although i want a 69,70 the ones for sale near me are 78-88 so i am looking at mainly both of these types... some of the adds say v8, that is why i was wondering if it is a true "V" 8 or if they just say v8 instead of 8 cylinders.
IIRC, between 78-87 the El Camino had the following engines:

200ci - V6
229ci - V6
231ci - V6
267ci - V8
305ci - V8
350ci - V8
350ci diesel - V8

I hope I didn't miss any. :oops:

·
NECOA Founder
844 Posts
You can look up whether a year offered a six or an eight cylinder engine on this page, and how to tell which one originally came in a particular El Camino based on the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN): http://necoa.org/VIV&Trim_Info.htm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts