El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what kinda toys r out there that match our rides? I have only found a few models over the years of searching the swap meets Walmart n hobby shops. I did have a 5th gen elco ss toy car not a hotwheel brand but dam that thing had a nice look to it till my dog got a hold of it. Since then my uncel found me an 80 elco to match my 80 the only prob is that it has the stick around brown paint on it lol. Just wondering what kinda stuff have u guys found over the years. Post pics if possible, ill post the pic of the 1 i have when I get home.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have quite a few, been meaning to start getting pictures of them. '59s seem to be the most common, followed by '69 and '72.

·
Premium Member
2,283 Posts
Do a google search of El Camino promo models, you might find something you like. That's where I found this one. There's a lot of Matchbox/Hot Wheels/Johnny Lightning models out there, no 5th Gen from my experiences. This past Christmas there was even a Hallmark El Camino ornament.

Attachments

·
ZERO MPG
15,379 Posts
$1.00 at pep boys

·
Registered
4,340 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The one that my dog ate was a johnny lightning it was all green wit a Monte ss nose.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Here we go. Had to brush the dust off a few of these-

·
Registered
482 Posts
Thanks. The rest of my collectiion is packed away at my parents' house.

I also have these models somewhere:

·
Registered
852 Posts
HotWheels had the easter edition 5th gen 'Eggsclusive' it was this god awful pastel blue color. if i can find it, id spend the time to paint it just like my real elkie lol.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
that is 1 nice collection u got there looks like my uncel's hobby room 2000+ hotwheels and models some of them from the 70's. he's got a wall full of vetts old and new. any way thanks for sharing :beer::You_Rock:

·
Premium Member
12,553 Posts
All are Hot Wheels 1968 El Caminos!!!:nanawrench:

Notice my 2 Valentine ones!!!

And can't forget the ( Yellow Rose)!!!:nanawrench:

Donny

·
Registered
252 Posts
Wow, this is a cool post! I just missed a Fleabay auction on a 65 dealers "promo" that went for $90 with it's original box. I don't know what the scale was but the model was at least 9 inches long. No working parts and mono colored. Still have not see a 64 hot wheel, model, promo, etc...

·
Registered
252 Posts
Just typed this as a search on Fleabay: "El Camino" promo

Lot's of cool stuff popped up!

·
Registered
11,510 Posts

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
I have posted this before. it's a '66 model I built for a former gf's daughter. tho the pics are a lil fuzzy, you can see that the engine is completely wired, and I even made the hose clamps out of small strips of aluminum can to go on the hoses (made out of diff sizes of insulated wire)

http://s1028.photobucket.com/albums/y342/goofuslives/1966 elco model/

it even has the vacumn hose for the vacumn advance on the dist.

:poke:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts