El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was driving home from a town about 12 miles away and made it 10 and the sun had when went down; when a deer jumped out and i mashed the heck outta it going about 75ish after trying to slow down...

GOOD NEWS
: I just bought a grill from another member on here yesterday. (stock one is in several pieces now.

the hood looks to only have ONE wrinkle in it

I had just started to slow down because the city limits were coming up

They built these cars about as strong as some tanks

BAD NEWS:the metal between the grill and the hood on the nose (drivers side) of the car is mashed under the hood (but it didnt hardly touch anything.

windshild is broke now

ALL I CAN SAY IS: They built these cars about as strong as some tanks. Thank you GM

i will take some pics of it tomorrow

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Im sorry to hear this...

Im wondering if this didnt happen to mine with a PO?? I got a blue malibu front end from 1982 and i got an 84. Malibus are interchangeable too just remember that!

Best of luck to you:beer:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it cracked the windshield too but ya pretty lucky...

next thing i was wondering does anyone have the piece of metal that is in between the grill and the hood; it runs from fender to fender... i cannt open my hood right now to see how its bolted on

·
ZERO MPG
15,383 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
CRAZY!!!I didnt know you hit the deer?! Either or no worries,you didnt get hurt,and in a couple days your 4th gen will be sporting a clean "one of a kind" bille:nanawrench:t grill!!!:nanawrench: I also have the whole front end of the 77 as well,header,headlight Bezels,and a strait hood if you need,all in great rust free cond.as far as the inner piece you need,send me a pic via text and ill give you a g:beer:eek:od deal on it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Glad you are safe and the damage was minimal!

'Built like tanks' is soooo true. My wife hit a deer at about 30mph in our 2005 Pacifica and it did $6,000 in damage! She was startled and not hurt and the deer walked away. Can't complain since all newish cars are designed to wrap around the occupants in a crash instead of the non forgiving 'abrupt deceleration trauma' that older cars tend to inflict.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Elky owner

AAWW Shucks!!!! that would have been a good BBQ!!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
CRAZY!!!I didnt know you hit the deer?! Either or no worries,you didnt get hurt,and in a couple days your 4th gen will be sporting a clean "one of a kind" bille:nanawrench:t grill!!!:nanawrench: I also have the whole front end of the 77 as well,header,headlight Bezels,and a strait hood if you need,all in great rust free cond.as far as the inner piece you need,send me a pic via text and ill give you a g:beer:eek:od deal on it.
alright man thank you... i hit the deer the day after i bought that grill from you... ill call you tomorrow i think i still have your number

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
No problema.did you get the pics of the 75 el laguna I sent you today?either or I have it in the cars for sale section on here(eye candy for you 4th Gens!) Car is truly immaculate.give me a call tomarrow and we'll converse on the 77 pieces if you need them.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.