El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a supplier in Canada for Elky sheet metal for a 78?
Cross Canada has parts but they charge an arm and a leg for floor pans and quarters
Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Check with my buddy Steve (call him Pishta) in Calgary.
His number is 403-248-4504.
If he does not have what you are looking for, he can probably steer you in the right direction.
Tell him Luke said hi.
C-YA

·
Registered
158 Posts
cross canada

do yourself a favour and stay away from cross canada panels
i purchased their quarter panels before and ended up selling them to someone else because the quality was so poor.
my 4 year old daughter could bang me out better panels .
i ended up buying another car just for parts to finish mine off .

·
Registered
6 Posts
i work in the auto recycling business and have heard stories also about cross canada.. used as a last resort where I am from what ive been told...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Most of cross canadas parts are junk. except there cowl hoods they are made by good mark and fit pretty good. thats what i have on my elky.i ordered my carpet and door seals from canadian tire they ordered my parts from the keystone book.

·
Registered
266 Posts
There has to be somewhere in Canada to get El camino parts. The duty on U.S. parts is a killer on top of the exchange and the shipping. Has anyone heard of Reproduction Parts Marketing in Saskatoon? Address? Phone number? They do not have a website but I have seen references to them. I was looking through some old bills from a previous owner and reference was made to them. Anyone?

·
Registered
59 Posts
yellowpages.ca , search for RPM in saskatoon and you get 3 numbers, one being RPM
306-652-6668

1920 Alberta Avenue,
Saskatoon, SK
S7K 1R9

Worth a call I reckon?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm in Saskatoon and RPM is where I got my floor pans from.$500.00 for each side. Seems like a lot to me , but they do look like they are good quality. I'm bringing back to life 1980 El. I am just about finished replacing the old 3.8L with a 3.8L Turbo out of a '84 Buick T-Type. I would like to get some new doors for my ride. I am looking for both doors c/w power windows and locks. Any leads out there?

·
Registered
272 Posts
hey 257, if you get the chance to check out any other parts from RPM let us know your findings. It'd be nice to know of places other than cross canada so we have choices. if anyone else has tried them please pass on your findings.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I got some some clips for the above the rear window body trim from RPM. Waited a couple of weeks for them to arrive but they did come and appear to be the right ones. It is just the same as buying parts from the US - unlesss you have a large order - the shipping is more than the parts. The prices were definitely cheaper as they were CDN $ and there was no duty.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haven't checked this forum for a while..
Finally did end up going with cross canada floor pans and quarters.
Actually are quite nice. The rocker panels are pretty crappy as there is no extra metal to plug weld to, going to have to fabricate a little.

My floor was totally rusted out, putting my elbows through them on numerous occasions while stripping the car.
Car looks pretty scary now with everything cut out of it, hope something is left after media blasting
Another problem is going to be outer wheel houses, looks like no one makes them yet for 5th gen, again more fabrication....maybe I should have bought a Arizona car to start with!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts