El Camino Central Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,272 Posts
That is a Gaylord hard bed cover.
It came in gloss and also in a vinyl like texture.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That is a Gaylord hard bed cover.
It came in gloss and also in a vinyl like texture.
Thanks for the info!🙌🏽😉

·
Premium Member
4,272 Posts
Just had a nice conversation with a young man working on his boat in Dana Point Harbor.
Here is his 1976 El Camino in yellow and white, with white interior.
Daily driver taking him to work and out for fun.

Large 11 inch chrome Crager rims with lifted rear. Uses variable rate rear springs for softer ride until loaded.

Newer 350 crate motor with newer center bolt heads.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Nice ride, I rarely get to see any 1st through 4th gens anymore. Even 5th gens are once/twice a week or sometimes less often.
As a child, my grade school class went on a field trip to the tide pools there at Dana Point once.
Is your new friend an ECC member, or going to check out the site and join?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just had a nice conversation with a young man working on his boat in Dana Point Harbor.
Here is his 1976 El Camino in yellow and white, with white interior.
Daily driver taking him to work and out for fun.

View attachment 131374

Large 11 inch chrome Crager rims with lifted rear. Uses variable rate rear springs for softer ride until loaded.
View attachment 131375

Newer 350 crate motor with newer center bolt heads.
View attachment 131376
😍👍🏽✌🏽👏🏽

·
Registered
48 Posts
The 2 US UTE's are mine and a friends.
The 3 Aussi Holden Utes are from when I was down under....

·
Registered
431 Posts
Saw this in town today, off Taft St. pic quality isn’t great but now I know where it lives.

·
Registered
340 Posts
@Marc Jones Sorry for the late reply. That red Elky indeed has a Gaylord cover...but sadly, it’s not mine. See earlier post.

It probably belongs to an employee of the museum.

Member @riatta saw a Jay Leno episode with the Rover parked next the Elky.

BTW, if you’re ever in LA, make sure to visit Peterson’s Museum. It was like $20 but well worth it.

@Old Bear Cragar SS...my fav rim style. That engine looks just like mine! Made circa 2005

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,528 Posts
Jonesie,

I'd sure like to have one of those VE or VF Holden Utes one day. It's possible, but the conversion makes it a 40+k proposition right now. Too much for me. Guess I'll have to wait for the 25 year rolling eligibility for grey market imports to finally get one.

·
Premium Member
4,272 Posts
I'd sure like to have one of those VE or VF Holden Utes one day. It's possible, but the conversion makes it a 40+k proposition right now. Too much for me. Guess I'll have to wait for the 25 year rolling eligibility for grey market imports to finally get one.
$30K. Not sure exactly of its heritage.
Possibly G8 for dash and steering?

Note the phrase "Show Car". Does that mean it can't be registered?

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,528 Posts
Well, you can get a VZ or VY for 30K, but not a VE or VF, according to this. Also, the FAQ in the link answers the "how do they do it" question as well. Left Hand Utes

·
Registered
48 Posts
Oh yeah..., i forgot to post this classic 52 Holden FX I saw when I was in OZ. The older brother to the camino.
I'd like one of these....,

·
Premium Member
4,272 Posts
I really like the running roo hood ornament.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Jonesie,

Yeah, it would be nice, but the cost, and the rules between the 2 counties makes it crazy expensive. 25 year rule applies.
My buddy that lives in Melbourne, has me go look at classic jags he wants to buy here in the states and has me ship them over to OZ.
They are way cheaper over here, and more abundant. He refurbs them enough to make his profit after he resales them.
I just recently sent over a 67 E type that didn't run, and had cosmetic issues. We picked it up for $15,000..., they can fetch upward to $100,000 plus.
With aussi money, that probably about $125 -150,000.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I really like the running roo hood ornament.
lol, thats to funny...., I've looked at this truck, and photo's multiple times, and that's the 1st time I've notice that Kango. Good eye!
Guess I was looking at all the smooth rounded curves on the body. It has a good body flow...

·
Registered
48 Posts
also on a side oddity note..., in the 1st photo, if you look behind the FX, you will see a silver convertible 67 right hand drive vette barely. I'd post a pic of it, but since we are doing UTE's in this thread, it will have to be for another time so I don't disrupt the flow of the thread. FYI, there were never any right hand drive vettes made that I'm aware of.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts