El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, my ******* child of a pickemup and chevelle has began to cry out to me again. first it was the a new spring from the parking brake bar broke in half(made in china) and rubbed on the drum...now i dont know but have my suspicions... a 77 classic, showroom condition...i back her out of the driveway and wake up the neighbors(thanks to cheap chinese brake pads and shoes) but when that ear splitting noise stops, shell purr into drive and when i sloooooowly, or normally, take off something is squealing, like the brakes are rubbing... but then it stops... then when i make a sharp turn, or any turn in general that requires moving the steering wheel any more than quarter a turn, is makes a repetative chirping noise, like metal rubbing... my suspicions are the rear bearings. anyone need it clarified more im me or hit the WTF REPLY button (insert humor here). it cant be the steering pump, because i can park it, and turn the wheel as far as itl go and no squeaking or chirping at all... any help i greatly appreciate.:dontknow:

·
Registered
463 Posts
Could the backing plate on one of the brakes loose or bent? spring fall off?

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
Take a very careful look inside the wheels to make sure nothing is dragging. There's not a lot of clearance in most applications and it is easy for a backing plate or a front lower control arm to rub.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts