El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
12,128 Posts
You guys are talking about two different things, engine ( crankcase) and radiator. Which is it ? If it's the engine, I know about some horror stories after having an engine flushed...noisy lifters that wont clear up etc. I don't recommend it...Best fix for a radiator doesn't come from a bottle or can. A radiator shop is the only real way to clean it out.

· Premium Member
12,128 Posts
I believe that ATF in the oil wont do any harm, and it might even help the seals. I assume it has considerable detergent in it to keep the engine clean. I'm just not a fan of Riselone & other engine "flush" stuff. One of my friends got talked into doing an engine flush by some local outfit, on his Dodge pickup. Don't know what they used, but after two years now, the lifters are still noisy, and they were OK before that.
Some years ago, I accidently put 5 qts of ATF in my Chevy van, instead of engine oil. Didn't see the mistake for two days, when I emptied the trash can at the shop. The wife had over a hundred miles on it by then. Didn't seem to hurt it any, but I wouldn't recommend 5 quarts of it !:smileyb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.