El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1966 El Camino
2,301 Posts
I guess my question is "What are you hoping to acheive?"

Doing an engine flush isnt going to "fix" anything, it will not run better it will not make more power. It "may" look a bit cleaner in the crankcase but you would get that same effect if you just changed the oil on a regular basis. The more caustic flush systems could give you problems.

The ATF in the crankcase idea is pretty much harmless IMO, but a single application probably will have negligible effect and again, applying a quart 1 week before an oil change probably isnt doing anything measurable for you either....provided you are changing your oil often enough. If anyone has evidence to the contrary I'd love to read it.

Anecdotal claims are all very fine and well, but I frankly believe you would likely not be able to tell the difference between a motor whose oil is changed at proper intervals and one thats changed at proper intervals and uses an occasional quart of ATF.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.