1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
not trying to hijack your thread, but this is harder to explain that it is to show.

try this with your vacumn advance line, and any other lines you need to run on top of engine. aluminum silver paint with clear on it (all from rattle cans, dupli-color engine paints) will give you a color that is almost an exact match to that manifold.

keep it clean! something to think about

http://s1028.photobucket.com/albums/y342/goofuslives/tricks/

(you could bend up a small bracket to hold the hard line to come off of one of the carb hold-down bolts)

that bracket holding the end of the throttle return spring is a small piece of polished stainless steel sheet I had left over.

:poke:

·
0 Posts
not trying to hijack your thread, but this is harder to explain that it is to show.

try this with your vacumn advance line, and any other lines you need to run on top of engine. aluminum silver paint with clear on it (all from rattle cans, dupli-color engine paints) will give you a color that is almost an exact match to that manifold.

keep it clean! something to think about

http://s1028.photobucket.com/albums/y342/goofuslives/tricks/

:poke:
Why is there a stew pot under it?:dontknow:

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I started with a 350 block out of a 92 camaro. Bored 30 over all new guts. Very good friend who used to work at a race head machine shop took a pair of world products s/r torquer heads and fully ported and polished them. Put in a comp cams xtreme energy 269/276, Lift .495/.503 are the stats. I'm planning to fuel inject the car in the near future I know its a little overcammed for a daily driver. I believe we're about 9.5 :1 compression still though so shouldn't be too nasty. Professional products Crosswind intake and a holley 750 dual inlet for now until I can do my fuel injection. And I'm stripping all of the grime off of the serpentine setup I picked up so that the new engine can go in with the new setup. Should only be a few weeks till it goes in I'll take pics as I go. Thanks Keyser I'll keep that in mind for any lines that are going to be raw. Definitely better than leaving them exposed to the weather and make it all match nice.

Thanks,
Jerry

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
Why is there a stew pot under it?:dontknow:
I got that for 50 cents at the recycling center, dented, but no holes. I use it to drain fluids into, clean parts in, and was using it in these pics to set the manifold on so it would stay level for the pics.

Ya gotta have smart brains man!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Question for you guys. My world products heads say to use an accell 276 plug or equal but I can't seem to find that one not in a u groove plug. Not a fan of the gimmick plugs. So asking your opinion of the u-groove plugs and also what a normal plug conversion for that is.
Thanks,
Jerry

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can I get a color opinion from you all? I just picked up an f41 setup from Matty Man (thanks again) and I'm trying to decide what color to paint it all. Also really wanting it to hold up so thinking of doing a hammered finish but that limits color choices. My car is viper blue with painted bumpers and you can see that most of my enine is chevy orange and flat black. I think I'm going to paint my engine compartment flat black. What color for all of the new suspension parts my first thought was either a blue to match my body as close as I can get or hammered finish in silver http://www.krylon.com/products/outdoor_spaces_hammered_finish/ if you want to see what I'm talking about with the hammered finish. Also I plan on finding a set of the engine bay braces and will most likely do them all in the same color.

Thanks,
Jerry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts