El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a engine stand from Habor Freight. It is the 1000 lb. stand. The question is, what length bolts do I need for my 305. I bought 3 inch bolts but the is a gap between the engine and the arms of the stand. I am afraid to put all the weight down with the fear that the bolts will snap because of this gap. Please get back to me with any help or quick fixes please.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have mine on a stand now(305).. i used 3inch screws... 6 total.. 25$ stand off craigslist..
I'm doing the build tomorrow ill let you know when fully loaded they break ^_^
fingers crossed..

·
Premium Member
12,547 Posts
I used lugs nuts and sockets to make up the difference on my 454
This is not a great pic but you can see I used a socket. I had the motor complete on the stand and it was fine. Just make sure your bolts go into the block at least an inch.

If you want to sweat something, tomorrow I will be picking up a complete 454 and trans hanging on an intake over the front end of my car to put it in, (notice I didn't say DROP it in!!!)
Thats spooky times!!!
Donny

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah I stacked some washers between the bolt heads and the arms to fill the gap in. Thanks for the advice.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
I used washers and flipped the engine. It was on the stand for a couple of months with no problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts