El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know of one for sale new or do I just have to rebuild that part of harness? My 85 ccc fresh paint and i terior done had a carb fire which only affected the front part of engine burned up electric fans blistered both fenders cooked top of hood scoop never touched firewall or rear of engine but cooked top and bottom of engine radiator popped replacing also inner fenders look fine did warp the insert of front clip that's plastic but fiberglass nose is fine I replaced the original (torn up)with honest charleys replacement. Yeah all this happened on my birthday was a day trust me. Any info on harness is apprecited. Pete

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered a haywire harness very nicely built almost completed (install on spare time an hour here and there)then order engine and transmission next week already got carb from mountain man it looks brand new and packaged extremely well cant wait to test it out hopefully by newyears itll be running

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I feel your pain 3years and 2 body shops before it finally got painted not money issue just hard to find good body shop then a few months later carb caught fire it truly is a labor to enjoy
I also never quit good and bad depends on situation ya know after i get it running looks like i will learn to paint cause im not gonna deal with another body shop down here again.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
That's nasty business. Good body shops are as difficult to find as repair garages. And there are less of them.

I'm extremely fortunate. I have a trustworthy shop with a good reputation and a very decent cooperative owner who keeps my 86 in the same bay for over 2 1/2 years now. And it may not be done until Easter. :hail2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts