El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Those wacky guys at the EPA are at it again.

The AMA (American Motorcycle Association) is reporting that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency will require all consumers to buy at least four gallons of gasoline from certain gas pumps after the new E15 ethanol-gasoline blend is introduced into the market.

Read the complete article here.

So here's the big question. When I am ready to fill the 2-gallon gas can that I fuel my mower out of, should I just pump the first two gallons of fuel on the ground? I wonder how the EPA would like that?

Idiots. I have the feathers if someone else can bring the tar.

Copper

·
Registered
132 Posts
So the environmentalists have stumbled onto another government 'unintended' consequence that will force more evil gas-powered devices into early obsolescence.

I've only got three letters for this: OMG (and I don't mean 'surprised').

·
Venerated Member RIP
2,918 Posts
We ain't gonna have enough corn for ethanol production the way our drought is going...

Guess we'll all have to buy Chevy Volts soon - :let_it_all_out:

Oh wait - we won't be able to charge them with rolling blackouts and failing grids......

Okay - horseback - wait, do they fart? Will there be a huge carbon tax or something.....

WHAT A RIDE WE ARE ON

·
Registered
929 Posts
My first job was at a marina a couple years ago, right around the time ethanol fuel became really popular. It destroyed boat engines, seals, hoses, everything. Especially stuff that was 2 stroke. They figured that out, now the fuel at the gas dock the gas has very little ethanol, along with a bunch of additives. Here was my favorite, some boats have fiberglass tanks, the ethanol wouldn't react well with the coating in the tank, now you would be sucking in the coating, once the coating would break down, pieces of fiberglass and resin would get sucked into the fuel system.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
wow, not good. i guess it wont affect me cause i HAVE to buy at least 4 gallons every time i go somewhere lol:nanawrench:.

they said gas prices would be at the $5 mark a gallon by end of August, but they said that back in March. thankful its not!

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
will never pass, blowing smoke :texas:

Doesn't have to pass congress. It's a regulation and not bill. Read more about how the EPA issues regulations here.

Now, having said that, congress could pass a law to repeal the ruling but that would require that all the congress critters get on board ... and we have seen how well the Washington types work together lately.

Copper

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
The EPA may have approved this fuel for some of the older vehicles (2001), but I seem to recall an article where the automoble manufactures di not approve this fuel and would void warrantees.

even the 10% fuels have destroyed some of the fuel lines in my older vehicles.
Filler hose conenectors have turned to snot inside on 2 of my cars.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Does anybody here have one of the new elect. cars? I was wondering when you plug it into your house electrical I'm sure you automatically go over your average so your teer jumps to the highest level witch now your paying the highest cost for going over your limit. So is electricity cheaper than gas after averaging the increase cost of your over all cost for the daily electricity you use? I guess you would have to get an old bill at the standard level then a new bill and see the difference in what a killowatt cost and your daily use because you need to factor that in to what it cost to charge the car also at the higher cost. You think over all mile for mile it's cheaper than gas. Inquiry minds need to know:dontknow:.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Does anybody here have one of the new elect. cars? I was wondering when you plug it into your house electrical I'm sure you automatically go over your average so your teer jumps to the highest level witch now your paying the highest cost for going over your limit. So is electricity cheaper than gas after averaging the increase cost of your over all cost for the daily electricity you use? I guess you would have to get an old bill at the standard level then a new bill and see the difference in what a killowatt cost and your daily use because you need to factor that in to what it cost to charge the car also at the higher cost. You think over all mile for mile it's cheaper than gas. Inquiry minds need to know:dontknow:.
Interesting article about that here --

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,609 Posts
This is another opportunity to suggest that EVERYONE join S.A.N.S. which is the political/consumer arm of S.E.M.A. They look out for the hobby to find a reasonable and fair balance between all agencies , departments and environmental concerns . There are several forums here on ECC that discuss S.E.M.A. and S.A.N.S.

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,539 Posts
This is another opportunity to suggest that EVERYONE join S.A.N.S. which is the political/consumer arm of S.E.M.A. They look out for the hobby to find a reasonable and fair balance between all agencies , departments and environmental concerns . There are several forums here on ECC that discuss S.E.M.A. and S.A.N.S.

Agreed...been a member for several years. Just as gun owners should belong to the NRA, car enthusiasts should belong to SAN. The government has long since stopped caring about the individual. It takes large groups of voters to get their attention now days. Joining a group such as Sema Action Network (SAN) is a way to make that happen.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Never happen ....

It has already happened.

" ... While Sensenbrenner’s statement came out today, EPA’s 4-gallon policy is about two months old — the agency approved it in mid-June as a part of a plan to address concerns about residual fuel left in gasoline tanks. EPA’s Aug. 2 letter to the motorcycle association addressed concerns laid out by the group in a June 20 letter ..."

You can read the entire article here.

Copper

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
Those wacky guys at the EPA are at it again.

So here's the big question. When I am ready to fill the 2-gallon gas can that I fuel my mower out of, should I just pump the first two gallons of fuel on the ground? I wonder how the EPA would like that?

Copper

Simple enough...2 gallon gas cans will become illegal to fill.

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Don't forget those who gave their blood and lives so that we are free to vote this November.

I don't believe that my country has ever needed the voters to educate themselves about what is at stake more than this year.

·
Registered
201 Posts
When a government agency actually considers a cow's milk spill as "hazardous", you know thats a screwed up bunch in DC :yell:

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Dang it! I'm going to have to get a 2nd job just to be able to afford 4 gallons of gas at one time! :poke:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts