El Camino Central Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Director Region 19 Owner of the KLRMino
1,499 Posts
I like the revised 3 day event and Friday some small cruises not in the high traffic time for those who want to see things around the event place. We get free advertising, publicity for the event that way.

I also like the early(5am or 6am) breakfast(donuts, coffee, milk, biscuits, bacon, sausage, gravy) on Sunday for all the members to say goodbye and have a safe trip prayer for everyone. Clean up for those who have been assigned to do it and go home.

As a side note we should make sure that the members coming in to the event and going home from the event get some publicity some way. Those convoys coming in and going home are a big plus for the event. There is nothing like seeing convoys of Elkies. It's awesome. Just a little extra 2 cents.

Thanks, Gene.

:eek:nfire:
I'm liking the overall schedule. I might add that an Official Opening Ceremony should kick off the event on Friday, perhaps include the staff introduction and event agenda.

X2 guys, I agree sunday should be a going home day

·
Administrator
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Meals.......................

A catered BBQ with all the "fixins'" runs $11 to $12.00 per head (today, but will increase over the next 2 years) - Breakfast is the same price as dinner. I'll try to see who would be interested when we get a year or so out. I suspect many of the Texas attendees will depart for home as soon as the show ends - if Belton is any barometer of activities.

Also, I had expected to hear your comments on the demonstrations I've suggested. Are there others we should consider? Any of the suggestions just do not fit? Come on, my friends - let's see what works and what doesn't I'm going to put to those "demonstrations" up for discussion on the main topic Thread - we'll hear from some of the participants about what they like?....................Ken

·
Administrator
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
New Proposed Schedule................

Does any of the Committee members have a problem with me posting this draft show schedule for our members to comment on? Also, I still want your comments - does this draft reflect the wishes of this Committee? I've tried to incorporate all of your ideas possible into this version. Did I forget anything important?.................Ken

Show Schedule (proposed)

Thursday:

• Event Venue opens for member arrivals and setup of grounds
  • Afternoon: Set-up team/ Members arrival at Primary Hotel -Hospitality Room open?
  • Evening: Optional Dinner Cruise to localestablishments (We’ll go over options before members travel to event)

Friday:

• All-day: Registration Desk Open
  • Cars Arrival –Pre-Show and Clean-Up/Shine on Grounds
  • 12 NOON: Official Event Opening and Welcome
  • All Day: Demonstrations (possibly – Engine, Upholstery,Detailing, Body Repair, Fiberglass, Painting, Photography, Grilling/SmokingMeats)
  • All Day: Members Swap Meet Open
  • Afternoon: Optional Cruises to Local Attractions (We’ll askthe Arlington Chamber of Commerce to furnish a welcome package to our mailinglist of participants for those who make this a family vacation)
  • 6 PM until 8 PM: Catered BBQ Dinner under Tent on Grounds –BYOB
  • Late Afternoon/Evening: Drag Racing at local track for thoseinterested if site available.

Saturday:

• 8 AM until 10 AM: Registration Desk Open
  • All Day: Professional Photographer available?
  • All Day: Members Swap Meet Open
  • 10 AM until 3 PM: Car Show – participant judging
  • 3 PM: Major Door Prizes Awarded (Members ONLY?)
  • 3:30 PM Members’ Meeting – Staff Introductions
  • 4 PM until 5:30 PM: Car Show Awards Presented
Sunday:

• Clean up grounds and Travel Home

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,518 Posts
Ken, overall the schedule looks great. The only tweak I would suggest is making the official opening later, like 12 noon, to allow for last minute out of town members to make it in.

I have no problem with publishing this draft for public comment.

Opening and Welcome changed to 12 Noon per suggestion..............Ken

·
Registered
4,113 Posts
Ken, overall the schedule looks great. The only tweak I would suggest is making the official opening later, like 12 noon, to allow for last minute out of town members to make it in.

I have no problem with publishing this draft for public comment.

Opening and Welcome changed to 12 Noon per suggestion..............Ken
I'm also liking it overall. Except maybe the opening should go back to 10 am. Let the slackers get it in gear.:poke:

JK, actually the noon time is perfect. Good change that I hadn't thought of.

And yes, MEMBERS ONLY for the big door prizes. Maybe some smaller ones the general public can win also.

I think at this point it's time to let the members see the draft and get some more feedback. Especially on the demonstrations.

Good job Ken. :thumbup:

Is it to early to start talking about trophy categories and such?

·
Acting Director, Region 13
2,047 Posts
It looks fine to me. I'm sure we will need to tweak it some more before show time

Tim.

·
Super Moderator
2,139 Posts
Ken,

I think you have a winner there. Let the people vote on it. Think it would be nice to have some kind of live music thrown into the mix as well. There has to be a few bands in Texas that would love to have the exposure. There are other areas that need to be fleshed out a bit but, that can wait for the time being.

One last thing, what time of year would be best for this event?

·
Past Director Region 13, Senior Member
2,711 Posts
One last thing, what time of year would be best for this event?
May and October are usually the most comfortable weather months in North Texas.

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,518 Posts
May and October are usually the most comfortable weather months in North Texas.

With October, in my opinion, being the time with least violent weather. In April & May, when the weather is good, it's very good. But when it's bad, you get golf ball sized hail and tornadoes. October, for the most part, has less of a violent weather threat. However, we sometimes get one of those fall low pressure systems that will sit here and rain for 4 days. So there is the risk of that.

·
Acting Director, Region 13
2,047 Posts
I'm kind of leaning toward October as well. Better chance of good weather. IMHO.

Tim

21 - 32 of 32 Posts