El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about a little "Check In" thread for those that traveled?

I see that Donny, Terry, and Brandon got home okay.

Hector (driving the 59) and I in the 66 made it to San Antonio about 12:45

Had breakfast with Old Geezer Richard, Lisa, Woody, Tim (?), and Randy and Son before heading back.

Had a blast guys!!!!!! Hector had a blast as well:beer:
Richard kept me up WAAAAAY to late last night, but I survived.
Enjoyed watching you all at the track
And to all of the new people I met-------Pleased to meet you, and very sorry that I have already forgot most of your names

Got some wicked good fuel mileage outta the 66----still have not stopped for fuel.
Gassed up the 59 just north of New Braunfels (which turned out not to be necessary), and am pleased to say that big black boat has picked up 3mpg with just a carb change
a couple of weeks ago.
Best I have ever gotten was 13------got a hair over 16 on this trip.

·
Acting Director, Region 13
2,048 Posts
Woody, and I made it home safely with a little hiccup from my 84 that my son-in-law, Rickie was driving. Shortly after leaving Belton, the oil sending unit blew out, spewing oil everywhere. Fixed it on the side of the road, thanks to Woody :You_Rock: going back to Belton for the part, plus oil. However the trip was well worth the problem. We all had a great time! Can't wait for next year!

Tim

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I made it back to Dallas after a stop in Waco at Heitmillers (something I had been promising Dottie for months). Didn't see anyone broken down anywhere.

·
Acting Director, Region 13
2,048 Posts
We were at the pendelton exit.

Tim

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
we made it back no problems at all. only took about 6 hours total getting back. We had a good time and look forward to next year. Thanks to all it was really good. Will know what all to bring for next year.:nanawrench:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I think we were already gone before you left.

I wanted to go to the drag strip, but Dottie wasn't enthusiastic, and I have several major projects I have to finish in the next 2 weeks, so discretion, etc...

·
0 Posts
Running between 80-100 up 35E got me home pretty fast. All I could think of was seeing my pillow....:smileyb:

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
Wow is all i can say....
what a blast...
no prob minorider..
nite nite....:beer::You_Rock::texas:

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Well,Joyce{ Mrs Fixit} and I made it home,This was the first time Mrs Fixit has ever raced any thing She had a ball ! we feel like we have know all of you for a long time !!, I would like to say that now that joyce has driven that,with her permission :nanawrench::nanawrench:we will be installing new Axles and some new softer rear tires ,she wants better traction ! I had more fun watching my wife drive ,it was the best time ! and to be around all of you just made it better !! Donny you the man,letting Terry drive ! that was way cool . well time to go its time to get some rest. :texas::beer::You_Rock:

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,620 Posts
Made it back to the boondocks about 5pm today. No problems, didn't get in a hurry...looking forward to slowing down for a day or two....but, oh what a blast yesterday was!:nanawrench:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Made it home to Lubbock today after spending the night at Ft. Hood. Had a great time!

Terry

·
Premium Member
12,550 Posts
Wow, some of ya'll put some big miles on!!! Way cool!!:nanawrench:
It was a pleasure to meet you and glad everyone made it home safly!!
Donny

·
Premium Member
12,550 Posts
Well,Joyce{ Mrs Fixit} and I made it home,This was the first time Mrs Fixit has ever raced any thing She had a ball ! we feel like we have know all of you for a long time !!, I would like to say that now that joyce has driven that,with her permission :nanawrench::nanawrench:we will be installing new Axles and some new softer rear tires ,she wants better traction ! I had more fun watching my wife drive ,it was the best time ! and to be around all of you just made it better !! Donny you the man,letting Terry drive ! that was way cool . well time to go its time to get some rest. :texas::beer::You_Rock:
Your wife did great!!!!
And you mister (I'm not bringing nothing) brought something!!!:beer:
I just want to know, is there going to be a his & hers next year!!!:poke:
Donny

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Made it home to Conroe the next day safe and sound. Had a blowut on the trailer and a bird decided to commit suicide on my windshield. Scared the poo outta me!!!!!! Louder than the tire blowin up!! But had a GREAT Trip!!! I won first place trophy and it was givin to me by my granduaghter "the little trophy girl". I don't think it can get much better than that. I can't wait until next year.:inlove:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ed here ( Mr. Wizard ) Two tone blue Elky I made it back to Misouri but I lost hi gear east of Okalhoma and l nursed it all the way to Springfield Mo. I am not complaining though I HAD A GREAT TIME. It was such a joy to meet so many Elky owners, guys and gals, and what a great bunch of people. I am going to put a new tranny in her this week and I will be back. God bless all of you.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
It was a great time. AND, meeting all of you that I got the chance to meet, it was fantastic. The greatest part was waiting for Terry's kids to call one of her numbers!!! THAT was worth the trip in itself. AND, the GEEZER-HEAD, now dat be annuder storie!! :) He's just about everything I expected, and I can see why Lisa keeps him under SOME control!! It was grate to meet fixitman and his wife, and glenn frum Honey Bucket --- errrr, make that Honey Grove!!! See y'all nextus year. It'll be even more bigger dan dis year!!!!!!:You_Rock:

·
Registered
643 Posts
On my 6th run at little river had my best run felt like it ,but lost 3rd gear,my alt belt slipped off which knocked my overflow hose off lost a little coolant. I drove to Belton on 2nd gear called AAA and rode on a flatbed to Dallas. It was all good my transmission was already ill ,decided if its going to go out well might as well run it at Little River .

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Hey Family Members , the Geezers HAD A BLAST hanging out with all our Old Friends and making New Friends like the great folks from out of state that we met , like Ed & Josh ...... much thanks for the great memories from you Guys & Gals THANK YOU :inlove: ... Woody you were great with that SNEAKY PETE SURPRISE for Hubba - Hubba Terry & Donnie you made Terry's day too , you guys :You_Rock: .... The Geezer's Household is really blessed and damn lucky to have been part of this Region 13 Family of Great Friends , Thank You All .... And Beep - Beepster it was my pleasure to finally meet the guy who WRITES FUNNY & his Lovely wife , glad to hear everybody got home safe and sound , and you too Beepster :poke:..... We also had a GREAT TIME over breakfast with Bryan , Hector , Randy & his son , Woody and Tim .... This was a RE-PETE of last year , I'm really looking forward to the THREE - PETE next year in Belton Town , REGION 13 :You_Rock: , I really think we set the level & high standard for not just a Car Show but a Family that some of the other Regions can hope to accomplish ... See ya next year Region 13 Family , Thanks from the Geezer's :nanawrench: :nanawrench: P.S. So nice to have Monday off to ketch up on my Beauty Rest

1 - 20 of 29 Posts