El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that the passenger side rear exhaust manifold port has wider apart mounting holes that the other 7, my question is this something only on a 305 or did 350 engines from 86-up have the same?

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
My '80 manifolds have the extra bolt on the front of the driver's side. It's for mounting the PS and AC brackets. On the passenger side the manifold has the regular spacing and the last hole in the head is not used.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
the later heads have 7 bolt holes to fit the log style manifolds and the early manifolds too.every late small block except the vortec headshave the 7 bolts (78/95)305 or 350

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
not really they are a dime a dozen. a good pass side is hard to find at times.with the heat riser on the pass side it takes a beating,usually warps and cracks

·
Registered
77 Posts
Is there a way to prevent that from happening to the stock passenger manifold? Like to keep it going for awhile longer....

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
I've taken all precautions on my Monte SS..............blew two pass manifolds in two years...running headers now.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
cut the heat riser plate out it looks like its there but not, for those who still have to smog them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts