El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Go to autozone, adv. Auto Parts. They have kits for all the piping for $88.00, then all you need is a muffler, clamps and hangers.

That is without a y-pipe and without cats.

Brandon

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Go to autozone, adv. Auto Parts. They have kits for all the piping for $88.00, then all you need is a muffler, clamps and hangers.

That is without a y-pipe and without cats.

Brandon

I just called them and they said i would have to buy it piece by piece they dont have the kit, Do you have a part # or link ???

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Really? Huh. We went to autozone and they punched it in their computer and all the piping was 88 bucks for an 84 el camino. Im sorry i dont have a link.

Brandon

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Really? Huh. We went to autozone and they punched it in their computer and all the piping was 88 bucks for an 84 el camino. Im sorry i dont have a link.

Brandon

i called the other Autozone here locally and they said they could special order it and 2.25 was like $102 and 2.50 was like $199, What size do i need and what length of glasspack should i get ?

·
Registered
1966 El Camino
2,080 Posts
i called the other Autozone here locally and they said they could special order it and 2.25 was like $102 and 2.50 was like $199, What size do i need and what length of glasspack should i get ?
Pipe size depends on what motor you are running, if you have a 305 or other small displacement V8 or v6 I would go with 2.25 - if you have a 350 I like 2.5.

I would avoid glasspacks like the plague, they are notorious for poor flow and otherwise just sound rude IMO, for the most part I've yet to hear about a glasspack that wasnt just crap - If you want loud get a flowmaster 40 or some other inexpensive performance muffler.

G

·
You'd come out cheaper if you brought your own Flowmaster mufflers and had an exhaust shop supply the pipe and pay for labor. I did that and paid 180.00 and that's 2 1/2 pipe with true duals exiting behind the rear tire.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts