El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi; I'm looking for a new exhaust system for my elky right now is kind loud in the cabin so I want a quieter cabin, but I like the rumbler exhaust, I just want a rumbler exhaust whith a quieter cabin any suggestion .It don't have to be to loud. Thanks

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Well if you are looking for a rumble you need to do dual. Now mufflers wise there are a lot of choices. You can buy 'em from the store or order some, or the muffler shop has some.

Now flowmasters---- are expensive but they are basically what you hear at carshows. Some can have different tones. I have seen these in the $70.00 range, but at that price there is always room for discounts.

Glasspacks---- Loud and get louder with time. These are mostly just for making noise. They dont have a specific sound, it just quiets the tone or makes the tone of your exhaust louder. Pretty cheap if you wanna make noise. Generally $15.00-$25.00 a piece.

Store mufflers---- theses are general mufflers. You can get them loud, but dont have a signature sound really, you will find some that are mr. Horsepower, and thrush, andhushpower. They usually average about $27.00-$35.00 and up a piece.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
These are flow masters

These are glasspacks

These are normal mufflers you could buy

hope this helps

·
Registered
308 Posts
Not too noisy

I have these behind headers and a 350 CI and like them.

Dynomax 17767
Shell 20"
Total Length 25.5"

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
NICE! Thats what wanted to put on! but i did glasspacks cause at the time it was a packaged deal for my exhaust.

·
0 Posts
I have Flowmaster 40's on mine. They're not loud as 44's in the cab but give a nice thunderstorm when you get down on it. The Flowmaster 50 series may be what you want since they have the classic rumble but are toned down a bit.
Here's mine..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts