El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran new exhaust from the headers back to exit behind the tire in February.
Should I upgrade from my Flow 40's to 44's,dump them behind the axle or go with electric cutouts?(This is all before the motor swap and rear end)
Here's vids of it now.

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
instead of redoing exhaust i would look into that rear end swap, you have enough exhaust for any small block you could put in, short of a 434, do yourself a favor and swap the rearend,
but hey what do i know,:poke:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Should I cut the tips off and dump em after the axle? Better sound?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dump before axle beast if ya want it to sound like a beast...
Only concern I have about dumping it is the blow out of dirt. My car's gonna be black soon and I don't know if it will get dirt all over my paint,

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
ok i have a cure for that as well. when you do yoour turn downs have them installed on a angle (about 30* degrees angle) will also help with the droning effect from undercar exhaust, trust me this works, not the hot set up for cruising car shows ect as it does blow dust but i have no paint on lumpy nor do i plan on it.. Ill just put that money in a new wore out motor for next yrs belton shootout, i have to buy new pistons anyways, cheers

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok i have a cure for that as well. when you do yoour turn downs have them installed on a angle (about 30* degrees angle) will also help with the droning effect from undercar exhaust, trust me this works, not the hot set up for cruising car shows ect as it does blow dust but i have no paint on lumpy nor do i plan on it.. Ill just put that money in a new wore out motor for next yrs belton shootout, i have to buy new pistons anyways, cheers
That angle is what I was thinking too. So basically a 30* bend will reduce the leaf blower effect to some extent?

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
yes it will help SOME but it will still blow up a lil dirt but it will mostly help getting the noise out from under the truck, ask me how i know, if i had it to do over id run a 3in setup all way to bumper just because after 10 minutes of driving with 373 gears it gets old quick still kool though :beer:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes it will help SOME but it will still blow up a lil dirt but it will mostly help getting the noise out from under the truck, ask me how i know, if i had it to do over id run a 3in setup all way to bumper just because after 10 minutes of driving with 373 gears it gets old quick still kool though :beer:
Thats why I'm split on the electric cutout. I can always close up the sound...:dontknow:

·
Registered
555 Posts
instead of redoing exhaust i would look into that rear end swap, you have enough exhaust for any small block you could put in, short of a 434, do yourself a favor and swap the rearend,
but hey what do i know,:poke:
X2

and chop those pipes off before the axle

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Will going to 3 inch pipe from 2 1/2 give me a deeper note? The mufflers are 2 1/2 though.:beer:

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Spend the Money on a Posi !!! put that power to both tires, your truck sounds fine,match the power and sound with 2 long nasty marks !!! :driving:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Spend the Money on a Posi !!! put that power to both tires, your truck sounds fine,match the power and sound with 2 long nasty marks !!! :driving:
Its hard to find a sweet deal on a posi around here.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Not to steal this thread but What are the best cut-outs out there from a brand standpoint...
Cut-outs that seal well and don't freeze up if they have not been opened for a long period....

Thanks,

Arnie in Iowa

·
Registered
38 Posts
i'm getting headers in the future, i want to follow it up with H pipes and cerry bomb extremes...any thoughts and or suggestions? :nanawrench:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts