El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
0 Posts
I use Hedman Hedders and dual Flowmaster 40's with 2.5 pipe from the headers back.

·
Registered
532 Posts
the difference is price and fitment, i use hedman on my fourth gen, hooker on my camaro, homemade on my maverick, the main thing is matching primary size with your application, when you get into length and flow, different brands/models are going to perform differently on the same engine, in the overall scheme of things unless you are making serious horsepower headers really don't make that much difference. (but they do make for a better sound.) :)

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I use Hedman Hedders and dual Flowmaster 40's with 2.5 pipe from the headers back.
Did you do that yourself, or did you find a muffler shop that would do it? The muffler shop I talked to down here on the south side said that even though the '86 is exempt from smog check, if it's supposed to have a cat on it, they can't take it off, and they have to put one on if it is missing.

·
0 Posts
Did you do that yourself, or did you find a muffler shop that would do it? The muffler shop I talked to down here on the south side said that even though the '86 is exempt from smog check, if it's supposed to have a cat on it, they can't take it off, and they have to put one on if it is missing.
PM sent.

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,775 Posts
I have Hooker Headers with thrush glass paks & 2.5 pipe !!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Exhaust system

Summit sells a collector back system for your vehicle if you want to get your hands dirty. Less than 3 bills.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Consider shorties or sometimes called huggers. Elcs timpecaly set low so with full length headers dragging bottoming out on thins like speed bumps. Also you can get a pipe sometimes called a test tube. They are sold so you can pull catalytic converter and see if it is bad before replacing it. Just don't tell the guy whey you are getting it. It's kind of like going to a head-shop and using the word bong the may-note sell it to you. leave it on when you take it to muffler shop if it is not there then they do not have-to install one. But in sometimes in states like California that trick may-not work. Also consider ceramic coated they will stay "pretty" and not rust. I hope this helps. GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
I have long tube Hedmans with Pypes 2 1/2 H pipe out the back on my 69.

Also sounds GOOD.

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
i run heddman shorty hedders 2 1/2 in collector stepped up to 3 inch with super 40 flowmasters
turndown in front of axle sounds good:beer:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts