El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm in need of instructions or a diagram for replacing a z-bar or clutch bellcrank. I was going to pay a guy 150 to do it for me.. but it took him all of, what, 5 minues to pull the busted z bar out. I don't think thats a fair price anymore, he isn't even providing the part either. Can't be that hard with the right instruction... I know another guy with the factory assembly manual but he wants 75 bucks for it and won't let me borrow it.

Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
5,936 Posts
It is simple enough. On the end closest to the outside of the frame there is a nut holding it in the a slotted arm that sticks straight up. Loosen the nut, push in on the stud a little to release the locking washer and with the pushrods disconnected slide it towards the outside of the car. The inside sits on a ball and will slide right off.
No diagram but hope that helps.

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - 2013 Founders' Award Re
3,686 Posts
Assembly Manual for your 66 $24.95 at NPD and other places. Use it more than I ever thought I would even after 3 of the same year Camino's (no memory I guess).

·
Deputy Director Site Contributor
1,457 Posts
ITSJUJU,
I have an factory assembly manual at home. Give me a day so I can scan the page/ pages, and upload and I'll send them your way.
BigAl 327

·
Deputy Director Site Contributor
1,457 Posts
I think I have up loaded these pic of the clutch push rod. If this is not what you want PM me and I'll resend them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
YES! Thankyou! That is exactly what I needed. Here I go! :nanawrench:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts