El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All----I have an extra set of F41 suspension braces fot the 5th generation Elky. There are the three braces---which I had sandblasted and powdercoated in Black--never installed on a car--absolutely mint!!!!! Want $85.00 for the set-all 3 braces--plus shipping-----if interested contact me at [email protected]-txs Pete NYC

·
Registered
23 Posts
F41 Suspension Parts HOW to fit to non - F41 frame

I have a 79 GMC Diablo and I am interested in bring the handling up to par with my sons 82 El Camino. ( one mean car I might add!!! )

What does the F41 supesion have that the std suspension did not have?

Can a non-F41 have the necessary parts added to upgrade it ?

Is it mostly a bolt on ?

I do not have a rear sway bar at the moment but need to get one. Didi the F41 have a bigger than stock front bar?

What is the Ideal "High G " Handling swaybar combo?

I am interested in your parts, what can you tell me?

THx,
Diablo :evil: Doug

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
"What does the F41 supesion have that the std suspension did not have?"
"I do not have a rear sway bar at the moment but need to get one. Didi the F41 have a bigger than stock front bar?"

- front frame bracing, rear sway bar, quick ratio steering box, larger front sway bar. The front bracing varied between G-body models, Grand Prix and Monte Carlo had differnt styles. They can both be used together to from a trangle brace for the front part of the frame. Check out my pics in the members cars section.

"Can a non-F41 have the necessary parts added to upgrade it ?" "Is it mostly a bolt on ?"

-Yes and yes. The previsions are in the frame for the bracing, rear lower control arm have mounting holes in them for the sway bar, and the quick ratio box bolts right in.

"What is the Ideal "High G " Handling swaybar combo?"

-Grab a pair off a Monte Carlo SS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts