El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Senior Member - 2019 Exceptional Action Award
952 Posts
So I think my first poll was on this very topic, NECOA website or FB and it was a slam dunk for the website, 90% over 18% for FB. I have been a member since 08' a year before I joined FB and like I said in my poll question I had not really used the website very much in years. I wasn't a dislike for the website but more FB was just easier or more accessible at the time. But over time and with help from Steve (87next2last1) I realized there is a huge difference in the two, the website is a 100% devoted to El Camino lovers and yes GMC conquistador and sprint lovers ! The issue with the FB page is that it can quickly become more about other topics and decisions that aren't El camino based or even car based. I still think FB has it's part in the goal of getting information to help out our members to find parts or cruise meets or shows and share picture of video's. But the website will always be the home for El camino lovers and all is members will continue to make it great.

·
Senior Member - 2019 Exceptional Action Award
952 Posts
Think I said it in my Poll about FB, use it like a tool ! Even with printed media I never read a newspaper or magazine from cover to cover, I only read the parts that I was interested in. Same with FB, they don't require you to read through all the mish mosh. You could just have pages for El camino's or G body's or hots rods, yes you need a profile account but if you don't except any requests but only people on the pages then everyone would be Elky people. Fortunately or unfortunately FB reaches a huge amount of people and that is what we need to find help or parts or cruise in for our hobby ! I remember searching for a set of rally wheels for my first 5th gen in CT, drove halfway across the state to find a set and paid way to much ! I put them on my Elky and the first time I drove it to work a guy came up to me and said Oh I have a set in my garage you can have if you want them ! Just sayin we all have our opinions on things but the main goal is to help one another and any media that helps us is a great thing !

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.