El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
National Director
1965 El Camino,78 Caballero sold
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife Cabagurl78 seldom logs on to this site but she did today so what does it have to do with Facebook, a lot. What caught her eye was a recent post on a thread started in 2010 when we first joined here. It got me thinking, Facebook has become such a big part of most people's lives they forget forums they once belonged to or would have belonged to. So again what does it have to do with Facebook. If you want a place that has archives and a wealth of information this is the place to be not to mention the social aspects.

If you want just the social aspects then Facebook is the place to be. So for you exclusive Facebookers, come on over and check us out.

Leo

Attachments

·
National Director
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Facebook has just killed a lot of sites.Glad this one is still active.Though I would guess the vast majority of members do not post very often.:(
This site is funny. When we had a good search function I was the Region 2 Director. I could search just my region by when people last logged in. There were times when some would log in and their last log in was three to five years prior.

·
National Director
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT
We had a guy leave here due to personal issues who came back last night (13 hours ago) looking for his old pictures. He forgot his name and registered under a new name. Since then his old name has been found, new directions for a forgotten pass word given.

People jumped right in to help. TRY THAT WITH FACEBOOK

·
National Director
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You're right about this site being so much better than the FB page. They both have their place. I'm just thankful Steve is moderating the FB page! I've seen him kick out more than one bad apple!

I do wish we could work with the FB page better though. Would be nice to connect with more local owners and maybe organize a few meetups/cruises every year. Each region is pretty large so maybe we could post a page to help us find more locals? I don't know how to do something like that maybe someone here does?

Joe
Steve is not only a Deputy National Director he is also a moderator here and does an excellent job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.