El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, I have a Lincoln MkVIII two speed fan that I am thinking of installing in my 86. Has anyone used the Delta Current Control product on their fans? Also,I currently still have a fan installed in front of the evaporator and wonder f it would hurt anything to leave it there as a backup ? I have no idea what brand or size the current fan is and its almost impossible to get to it since its behind the ChooChoo front end.I'll try to get some info from it. Thanks

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'm not trying to hi-jak your thread but I have a dual fan out of a 98 maxima I am wondering how to hook up b4 it gets too hot down here :nanawrench:

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
the extra fan in front of the evap wont hurt anything, it will just free wheel until turned on.i would leave it.i just did the efi conversion on my 86 and used 2 14 in electrics and am putting a 12 in in front of the trans cooler/evap as well to keep the tranny cooler

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate your feedback. I really couldn't see a problem either since the air flow would still be the same. Thks

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
I have one of the MK-VIII dual fans, too. I just used two different sensors, one 180* and the other 210*. I used 2 relays to control them and wired them so both speeds could not come on at the same time.

Here's pic of how I wired it.

Jack

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Jack,I had been trying to get in touch with the DCC Control people but doubt seriously if I will mess with them since they won't even respond to e-mails !! I just don't understand why people won't at least respond and say"something" if only I'm too busy to talk. I like the variable DCC type control so that the fan cuts in with less current to start. Anyone using that type system ? I see PAINLESS has a system also. WP

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have one of the MK-VIII dual fans, too. I just used two different sensors, one 180* and the other 210*.
My stock 1982 thermostat doesn't even open until 195*.

What part number is your 210* sensor? One of these would probably be just about the perfect temp for kicking on my fan.

BTW. nice job on the diagram!

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does anyone that how to contact the people or vendors for the DCC controller ?? I have not been successful at reaching them. WP

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Never mind on the DCC controllers. I have been reading some of the feedback from other sites and this guy must be a real jerk !! Some of the things he says ,and requires sounds like he's been or is now in Washington's political scene ! He must think that people are really going to bow down to his "requirements" to order and then wait for 6-8 weeks,with no ability to contact them if you have a question ! What an unreasonable character !! I wouldn't buy from this character if I had to park my ElCam. If you don't believe this I can e-mail all the posts I found. WP

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts

What part number is your 210* sensor? One of these would probably be just about the perfect temp for kicking on my fan.

I have no idea what the part number is. I found it on eBay.

Jack

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts

Ya know, all ya hafta do is replace the thermostat with a 180* one. A 195* doesn't leave much room for margin at the pressure being used. And, I hope your're running antifreeze to raise the boiling temp.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Ya know, all ya hafta do is replace the thermostat with a 180* one. A 195* doesn't leave much room for margin at the pressure being used. And, I hope your're running antifreeze to raise the boiling temp.
I wouldn't want to do that though. I'd lose fuel economy and it'd take longer to get up to a good operating temp. The high running temp really helps fuel atomization on these carbs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts