El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've had my '86 for about 4 months and loving it, reminds me of my high school days with my '68, just with a budget and none of the stress! ;-) I was thinking about doing some suspension work (springs, rear sway bar) and was wondering if anyone can suggest a good suspension shop on Oahu. I have gotten good service with Louis over at Lex Brodie's in Kaneohe, but would be more comfortable with a specialty shop doing the work.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Aloha Nate,

When you find someone, let me know. I am also selling a 85 Elco Shell on Craigslist so check it out if you are looking for parts. 8)

Aloha and have a great day.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what kind of suspension work are you trying to do? you could always just by a suspension package from hotchkis and install it yourself...its not that hard...or find someone who is mechanically inclined.
I am just doing springs. I have already upgraded the sway bars but I don't have the space nor specialty tools to swap the coil springs out. I am probably going to wait a while, I upgraded to new tires (235/60R-14 from the original 205/75R-14's) and I like how she sits now much better. Might not even do the spring swap.

·
Registered
283 Posts
No real specialty tools needed other than a spring compressor which you can pick up at any parts house. The main thing is to disconnect the ball joints without ripping the boots.

Take your time when you do it as the spring are under serious pressure.:nanawrench:

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts