El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. All ECC/NECOA members in the North East. This is the final week before we attend our first car show as a club. We have at least 14 members planning on attending. Don't put that Elky away quite yet. Bring your El Camino, no matter what stage of restoration, to the show. Time to turn "virtual reality" into "real reality" for '03!

Please read the Original post for information.

Contact either myself, Jay Levitan at [email protected]

or Region-2 Director John Harris at either [email protected] or [email protected]

or Region -1 (NY) Director Peter Lebowitz at

[email protected] for further information or directions.

This was a very well run event last year. Don't be shut out.
Also, if you are attending and know someone else with an El Camino, bring them along. Everyone is welcome! The more support for the El Camino "class" the better for all.

·
NECOA Founder
844 Posts
Hope you guys have great weather and a decent turnout. Thanks for your work!
-dan

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Elcaminkey and Setzer,
If you'd like me to put your info on the New England "emailing list", please email me at [email protected]. I keep all info private and only use it to contact New England members about ECC/NECOA business.

I'd be looking for Name, ECC ID, email address, location (just a general location, not your actual street address), and any other info you want to add.

This is completly up to you and is NOT a requirement of ECC/NECOA.

You can also send the info using the ECC Private Message option.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First long range weather forcast came out this morning. Weather Channel is calling for a party cloudy day with highs of 58 and lows of 45. Great fall weather for a show. Well, a little warmer would be nice, but it is the North East.

Lets hope the forcast holds and or gets even better!

·
Banned
881 Posts
Any plans to drive into the show as an organized group? Or are we all going to stroll into the show on our own. Pete from NYC will be following me to the show. We've got our own little convoy coming from RI.

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Evening Ernie and all. I had thought about everyone going cruisin to the show with all the Elky's. But we have people coming from North, East, South, and West. Plus, not sure of the time everyone would be able to get to one central location, or the timing of such a time to meet. Some people like to get there early, while others have other time's they like.

I thought trying to organize a convoy would be tough. That being said, I do like the idea. It would be a great time seeing all those Elky's cruisin to a show. Lets plan on that when we go to future events.

I think some from N.H. and northern MA are getting together to drive down. Maybe others from RI can chime in and see about a meeting place before the show starts.

What do you think?

·
Banned
881 Posts
I'm meeting up with Pete near the airport in Warwick, RI at 8:00 AM. If anyone else wants to drive to Webster with us they're more than welcome to come along.

I'm planning on arriving in Webster at about 9:00 AM. If several others will be arriving close to that time I can meet them so we can enter together. There are several fast food places, gas stations, and other businesses with large parking lots on the west side of exit 2. We can meet at one of those places. At 9:00 on a Sunday morning there should be ample room to park a few Elkys.

What time will you be there Jay?

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Morning Ernie and all. I think that is great that you guys are meeting and driving in together. Definitely for future shows, we should make that a priority in the planning stage.

I was planning on getting there a little earlier than 9:00. More just to make sure where we are located and I thought one of us should be there early. So, I volunteered myself to be the "real early guy".

I can also let others know of what the weather is doing. I've heard now, that there is a small chance of some left over showers. Not sure how or when the organizers will decide if the weather is to lousy for the show. I will be in contact with the show organizer later today.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just spoke to the sponsor of the show. Two things he did mention was that they have 44 classes of vehicles. The El Camino / Ranchero is a specific class. They have set aside 15 slots for this class. This number was taking the average El Camino / Ranchero attendence numbers over the last three years and adding a few more for good measure. I thought it was quite generous, but would have liked a few more.

While there is an overflow area, depending on when you show up and how many other El Camino's are there ahead of you, might determine where you get located.

Last year there were 328 cars in all classes. The parking lot is big. But if your class is filled up, they really can't ask everyone in the next class to move down to make room for you. Kinda that domino effect. I thought that was fair and considerate.

The weather MAY be a factor on Sunday. And may effect the turnout. The weather forcast is now for a chance of left over showers and cool. But remember, this is New England and we all know better. The organizers (Dudley Lions club) is setting up the majority of the site on Saturday, and the left over work early Sunday morning. They will not make the call to cancell until Sunday, unless it is really a 24 hour rain event on Saturday. Might be a close call.

I will be emailing an update to everyone on the New England "email list". If you want to have your name put on the list, please let me know via email at [email protected]

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
**WEATHER!! WEATHER!!WEATHER!!***
Some weather forecasts are for a chance of left over rain showers and others are saying it will be just cloudy and cool.

We are all New Englanders, so we know not to take to much for granted. For the latest weather, I use the Boston Channel 5 weather channel. To find out via the web go to Boston Channel 5 weather

then from the main BostonChannel.com page you will see "Weather Center 5" in the middle of the page, select "go to the weather page" link. Once at the weather page, scroll down to see the "Radar and Maps" link (on the left side of the page). Select "Northeast Radar" to see the latest radar settings.

Hope this helps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts