What carburetor and jetting are you running? How do your plugs look? Where is timing set?Some things I noticed at the track yesterday. Still new to drag racing, but once I realized the track wasn’t getting prepped, I stopped running for time, and focused on launches.
1) I have to leave the gas pedal at 3/4 throttle or it starts lean misfiring.
2) My tranny shifts at 6k on all gears, but the engine runs flat after 5500, causing a lot of time lost. Power band falls instantly at 5500.
3) Tranny hangs at 6k for a full second before realizing it needs to shift.
4) carb runs great at 70 degrees, but starts popping once it gets cooler.
5) shift kit makes tires break loose at all gear changes. Need better tires.
6) Tranny doesn’t like hot-lapping. Lost 2nd gear on one of my runs, had to wait for tranny to cool down. Was normal after that.
Are you trying to shift at 5500? Is trans fluid level right? Is shifter adjusted correctly?