El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
not around as much
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday I finally got to bring it home. Wow what difference from that sick little 267 V8 that was in there. The LT1 feels great and I'm really staying out of the throttle until about 500 miles are racked up but wow. Sounds real good when I open the cutouts. :-D Spent the weekend finishing up some wiring (Still more to go) and getting the gauges working. So far everything seems OK and I'm going to take it to work this week. But I'll tell you it sure is noisy in the passenger compartment with no carpet.

Here are some better pictures then the others.

And with the new wheels and tires. I'm not sure why the front end is sitting so high. I think they may have sent me big block springs back when I ordered them the first time I was going to get back on the road. Oh well.

·
Banned
881 Posts
Poltergeist said:
Wow what difference from that sick little 267 V8 that was in there. The LT1 feels great...
Got a little more power huh? I like where the cold air intake is. It looks like it came from the factory like that. What are you going to do with the heater core?

:mrgreen:

·
not around as much
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heater and AC are going to be connected back up (someday). Need to see what braided line will work for them. Summer here in Calif. so the heater is not needed right now. AC would have been nice today. :lol:

It feels good on the freeway but the front springs have got to go. Guess I'll get some on order in the next few days.

·
Registered
9 Posts
:thumbsup: Looks great! Nice jonb on the engine compartment. Are you taking it to Fuddruckers tomorrow night?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Congratulations on the rebirth of your baby. I just can´t stop admiring that air intake and how neatly it has been fitted, like it was always supposed to be there. I wonder if 5th gen springs would fit my 3rd gen ´cause I'm upgrading from a small block to a big block (actually, I'm upgrading from a no-block to a big block, the old 307 is long gone). Guess it's time to start researching.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Very nice addition to the Engine Compartment. 8) You mentioned looking for braided hoses for the heater. Jegs sells a polished Stainless steel Flex hoses for the heater and Radiator upper and lower. I have the ones for the Radiator but they didn't have the ones for the heater at the time. They're pretty pricy but they last so much longer than rubber or silicone or the Russell Braided Hoses.
http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=1129&prmenbr=361

Good Luck with it!

?If it is good luck with actors to say "Brake a Leg" would it be good luck to a car guy to say "Throw a Rod!" or Float a valve!"? :p

·
Registered
64 Posts
that looks good. nice job. take it to the trackand tell us some numbers and some horsepower numbers.

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
Hey, where did you get the chrome elbow coming off the Throttle body?

·
not around as much
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 12 of 12 Posts