El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well. after 1 more trip to the Local GM Performance shop, and a set of 120.00 shorty headers......IT ROARED TO LIFE AT 8:15PM!!!! I have never owned a car with an engine that sounded so rude. I will be spending all day tommorrow buttoning up loose ends, installing guages, making final adjustments, and then taking it up town to scare the locals. I owe everyone who helped me with advice a big thanks. This engine build and install became a nightmare last 3 days. And if so mush wasn't invested I woulda bailed it. But after hearing it tonight, it was all worth it.

Will take new pics of the elkie tommorrow with the new beast in it. Thanks again to all, especially father and his friend across the street, who have as many hours as I do in it. Gonna let them be the first to take it out and cruise it tommorrow. :D

Well, gotta go clean tools, I think we used every tool we own and several we don't. Word to those who in the future want to use Vortec heads on your elkie, there is no such critter as a stock manifold to fit it, and GM Performance parts has a set of shorty headers for 120.00 bucks, and they clear everything.

Vroom Vroom

·
not around as much
2,192 Posts
workNprogress said:
And if so mush wasn't invested I woulda bailed it. But after hearing it tonight, it was all worth it.

Vroom Vroom
Truer words have never been spoken.

CONGRATS!!! 8)

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
More often than not, the closer you get to the end results the more you want it to be finished and the more you want it to be finished the easier it is to get frustrated when little things go wrong.

I have been working on one (80 SS) for two years or so. It is so close and yet so many things still have to take place to get it all buttoned up. If I loose sight of what I have already done then I am ready to just quit, sometimes. I have to remind myself that it is actually moving forward.

Yesterday evening I took some more pictures of it. I like doing progress pictures they keep things in perspective for me.

Sounds like you have a good combo and I am sure that you'll be well pleased.

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
87ElCamino said:
See, all it takes is patience, determination, and money...lots of money. :-D

:mrgreen:
You're not kidding! I have lots patience and the wife say's we have no money...but she finally "saw the light" when I did the open header break-in. It all pays off in the end. Congratulations! :cool:

·
NECOA Founder
844 Posts
Congrats! Will it be ready for the Texas NECOA Region 13 cruise-in?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cruise in?

Need some dates and info...where can i get it at?

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I don't see it posted in the "Up Coming Events"

It is happening at Round Rock Tx, on the 28th of this month (Saturday). If I remember correctly it starts at 9 AM and lasts most of the day. 1st half of the day will be at a "FORD" dealership then later a cruise. If I got my information correct.

"acauth1" will post it shortly I assume. I could have looked in the wrong spot also.

I found it :D http://elcaminocentral.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=63&mode=thread&order=1&thold=1 8)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts