El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both mufflers had holes in them so I ordered a couple of Flowmaster 50's as replacements. Only after they showed up did I notice both tailpipes were also trashed. OK then, Google here, google there and... nothing The only tailpipe replacement options I can find across multiple sites are these. Flowmaster is the only company making Elky tail pipes?! I checked Summit, OPI, etc., all the places you would expect to find something as common as a tailpipe but no joy. Just want a pair of 2.5" tailpipes that exit behind the rear wheels (this is the current configuration). Are they that hard to find or am I looking in all the wrong places?

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
i agree. If they ae honest in price, it shouldnt cost you more than $100-$150.00. OR you could get 20" exhaust tipes and angle them out to the side and make side pipes!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah, never thought to go the custom route. I assumed it would be super expensive, but sou d like the price is comparable to buying online. There is a place around here that might just fit the bill. I'll give them a call tomorrow. Thanks for the idea! :beer:

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Hey you could have him make side pipes at the muffler shop. That would be CHEAP! my guess is it would be about $40.00. now if you have a true system all the way back that will be where it will be $100-$150 with a good price person caus they have to bend it over the differential and you would need probably 12' of piping. i dont know where your mufflers are but i am guessing they are right under the floor pans.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts