El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Down here in SoCal. we had no winter again this year and I think I had shorts and tee-shirts on the whole winter. Today was 80d with I nice off shore breeze and I don't think the windows in the house have ever been closed. To me this makes me think it's going to be a hot ass summer. Sure glad I have my air cond. in tip top shape. How's it been in your towns. For all you Texans You got beat to hell last summer hope anybody who needed to loose some weight did so with no effort.:poke: If I could I would give every member a summer pass with temps. no higher than 80d and low 70's at night.:texas::texas::beer::beer:

Let the barbeque's and sprites begin and always make it a safe summer for everyone. Anybody coming through SoCal L.A. area on vacation and need a place to crash let me know my doors are always open and I live alone:nanawrench: The only thing I really need to know is if you drink soda or bottled water because there's none here.
Robert

Here's my front yard there also is an Olympic indoor swimming pool at the park across the street.

Robert

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,292 Posts
..Well,I Feel like Bill Murry in Caddyshack...

..Little did he know,this snake is full of gas...

:beer:

Attachments

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well so far, the first day of summer was the hottest day so far. It was 95 here and supposed to be 98 tomorrow. See as how we haven't had a day above like 85 all year, that's a pretty big jump I'd say.
I talk to a guy in Cleveland and I don't think they had snow that stayed on the ground most of the winter. I can't say global warming is the culprit but from what they say and I don't see anybody that may be 1000 years old this is just the earths cycle ice age -drought etc. It's normal what ever that is?
Robert:beer:

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
We've been hot for weeks down here in Central Texas! I love it!! The hotter the better! Bring it on Mother Nature! I've got the a/c cranking and the pool is ready. We're supposed to be in the 100's for the next week! I'll be in the pool if anyone needs me! :beer:

·
Premium Member
12,547 Posts
We've been hot for weeks down here in Central Texas! I love it!! The hotter the better! Bring it on Mother Nature! I've got the a/c cranking and the pool is ready. We're supposed to be in the 100's for the next week! I'll be in the pool if anyone needs me! :beer:
I HATE YOU!!!! :poke:
Bring it on???? How about (get the heck away!!)
The only time I can work on my cars is when it's dark!!!
Texas!!!:dontknow:
Donny

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Donny

Sounds like a continuation of last year. My truck is drying at the paint shop so I can't get it till Monday and I have an appointment at the DMV for my driver license that just expired so I can't rent a car and I also need to be in hemit tomorrow to see my daughter that just flew in so to Walmart I went to resolve the madness and this will get the ball rolling to the DMV to start my weekend quest. Pray for me I haven't road a bike in twenty years and my appointment is today at 8:30 am just in time for rush hour and I live in Los Angeles this is going to be fun with all the people running late to work.

·
6,292 Posts
why ride the bike when you have a quad runner ...:poke:

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I went to enterprise car rental yesterday they picked me up but couldn't give me the car with the expired D.L. and they offered to take me to the DMV that was pretty cool so today after a get my renewal their picking me up at the DMV so I can rent the car. If I ever need to rent again they got my business .:nanawrench: My brother offered to take me but it's time to do things on my own and I like it better this way never have to feel like I owe someone. I will be lucky if my bike is still there when I come out and I'm not kidding.

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Donny

Quit yer complainin' this is Texas, pull up your sweaty big boy panties and get r done!! :poke: BTW I didn't mention that NOTHING has been done to Carlos in weeks because it's toooooo hot! LOL!
Daytime is too hot to do anything to the cars, and at night we're being invaded by CRICKETS!! :dontknow: (in between the rain every other day!) Gives me an excuse to do nothing but keep cool. I'll be in the pool if anyone needs me! :poke:

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
I went to enterprise car rental yesterday they picked me up but couldn't give me the car with the expired D.L. and they offered to take me to the DMV that was pretty cool so today after a get my renewal their picking me up at the DMV so I can rent the car. If I ever need to rent again they got my business .:nanawrench: My brother offered to take me but it's time to do things on my own and I like it better this way never have to feel like I owe someone. I will be lucky if my bike is still there when I come out and I'm not kidding.
Good luck, Robert! :beer:

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good luck, Robert! :beer:

Made it!!!!! the DMV only took about 10min. then biked it down to Enterprise that took about 25min. Now I have an engine under me so I stopped off and got a new water pump for my 350 and I'm going outside to spray it BLACK with high temp. primer/black rattle cans. One step closer. Now I just put the new bike not even a day old into the spare parts bedroom . WILL IT EVER SEE DAYLIGHT AGAIN.:dontknow::dontknow::nanawrench: I DID GET THE INSURANCE ON THE RENTAL

Robert

·
6,292 Posts
..Ya might want to keep that bike in the back of your Elky,just in case...:poke:

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
..Ya might want to keep that bike in the back of your Elky,just in case...:poke:
Sh*t these cars are the worse it's like your totally enclosed and your vision is blocked everywhere you have to use mirrors and I haven't needed that before. It would be easy to miss someone on the side of you. In the elco as you know vision isn't an issue. :secret::secret:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts