El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Supporting Member
4,703 Posts
IIRC, it was 81 , but I'm old, and my memory is ......

Reactions: Alan in Alabama

·
Premium Member
11,453 Posts
Hi Alanine Alabama, welcome from Idaho. Glad you've joined us. I don't know the answer to your question. Best of luck in finding an El Camino that you like.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Alanine Alabama, welcome from Idaho. Glad you've joined us. I don't know the answer to your question. Best of luck in finding an El Camino that you like.
&8 Elk... I appreciate the warm welcome. My son and grandson visited Boise last summer. Very impressed with the scenery. They had a great time. The friend they visited there said housing prices were absolutely crazy.

·
Premium Member
11,453 Posts
&8 Elk... I appreciate the warm welcome. My son and grandson visited Boise last summer. Very impressed with the scenery. They had a great time. The friend they visited there said housing prices were absolutely crazy.
Your son and grandson are correct. The prices are crazy. Best of luck in your search for your El Camino.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Aww, you’re still SEC champs, so there’s that! I liked that Saban told Kirby ‘you guys kicked our ass in the fourth quarter!’
Patrick
On Alabama football forums I follow, Alabama fans took losing to Jimbo (Texas A&M) rather well. But many despise Kirby Smart and have been making fun of him since he left Alabama. Now the shoe is on the other foot. This loss will hurt. It will be a long year ahead.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
If (and that’s a big IF) the system has been maintained, the 305 with computer and such gets very good mpg. Not exactly lightning fast, but adequate.
Patrick

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
On Alabama football forums I follow, Alabama fans took losing to Jimbo (Texas A&M) rather well. But many despise Kirby Smart and have been making fun of him since he left Alabama. Now the shoe is on the other foot. This loss will hurt. It will be a long year ahead.
I’m a Dawg through and through, and if we’re out then I’m still an SEC fan. I must say though some schools seem to have more grace than others, as do some coaches. (The www magnifies that lack of grace, too!). I have a lot of respect for Saban but don’t like him much. (I liked Mark Richt a lot as a person but thought he was a mediocre coach). If Steve Spurrier were crossing the street in the dark, my decision not to hit him would only be due to the difficulty finding parts for my car. (If I were in the Tahoe or wife’s Durango, it’d be ‘thump!’) I like Kirby. He’s good and he’s passionate. His players like him and want to improve for him. I don’t wish anything negative for a gentleman like you, but if Kirby winning pisses off the haters, well, good!!
Patrick

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I’m a Dawg through and through, and if we’re out then I’m still an SEC fan. I must say though some schools seem to have more grace than others, as do some coaches. (The www magnifies that lack of grace, too!). I have a lot of respect for Saban but don’t like him much. (I liked Mark Richt a lot as a person but thought he was a mediocre coach). If Steve Spurrier were crossing the street in the dark, my decision not to hit him would only be due to the difficulty finding parts for my car. (If I were in the Tahoe or wife’s Durango, it’d be ‘thump!’) I like Kirby. He’s good and he’s passionate. His players like him and want to improve for him. I don’t wish anything negative for a gentleman like you, but if Kirby winning pisses off the haters, well, good!!
Patrick
Well said. Patrick.

·
Premium Member
3,370 Posts
I have a 86 Choo Choo with a 305 ,no computer, of course a non computer feedback Quadrate carb,2004R tranny,2.73 rear end gear and it gets 24-25 on the highway. I had a brand new 84 El with of course all the factory computer stuff and it got the same thing. So as you see the computer doesn't really help that much. Of corse there are things that need to be converted to non comp. feedback, like the distributor,carburator,etc..
With that said,If you can get an El that has all of the comp. stuff and its working as it should, it will do a great job. The problem may come in getting someone to work on it that knows the computer parts. Good luck to you. WP

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
A properly built Qjet is probably the most important component, feedback or not. Parts store remans are often poorly done, and Holleys and Edelbrocks are often set up rich out of the box.
Patrick

·
Premium Member
3,370 Posts
Mountain Man Carbs are the only people most of us go to when we need Quad work done. Done right that is. I had Ted build a non feedback Quad for me 9 years ago when I took the computer out and its still working flawlessly ! I installed it, set the idle and was smart enough not to touch the mixture and it is great. There are loads of us that run the Quad as it is a flawless carb..

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.