El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I have a 1982 el Camino and I recently got home and notice when I’d let off the gas I was hearing a rubbing sound from my left driver side wheel turns out when I got out to check there was about 3 maybe 4 wires running against my wheel and my frame of the car. And I check my light because I seen that’s where those wires lead to the (rear lights ) but non of my flashers work now not the front end or rear end.. and no flashing arrows on my dash can these wires be the cause to my problem????

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,853 Posts
Hi GioElCamino, welcome from Idaho. Glad you've joined us. I don't know what the solution to this situation is. Others will have ideas for a fix. You have a very beautiful 82. Have fun with it and the community.

·
Premium Member
4,124 Posts
You might consider making sure that the wires do not route between the tire and wheel well.
If you shred a tire, it will tear up your wires and you will be doing a lot more than mounting the spare.

·
Premium Member
7,853 Posts
I just remembered something I had to fix on my 78. There's a plug in in front of the rear wheel on drivers side along the frame. You might check it and make sure it's connected.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
welcome Gio
yea that happens sometimes,
need to separate and replace or re-insulate the wiring,
there probly shorting out to each other..
then see if the lights are working, if not
then check the fuses,, Tail light, Brake light, Turn Signal...
Thank you it turns out to be the fuse I guess the wire opened and touched the wheel well and shorted out. The first got blown but I tucked in the wires now everything is working thank you 🙏🏾

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
any luck yet ??

x2 run the wires inside the frame rail if you can..
x2 there should be a connector before and after that bad spot..
I did and your right the connectors that hold the wires broke off so I tucked them in the frame

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi GioElCamino, welcome from Idaho. Glad you've joined us. I don't know what the solution to this situation is. Others will have ideas for a fix. You have a very beautiful 82. Have fun with it and the community.
Thank you so much everyone is very nice here and very helpful with great ideas. The problem is now fixed it was the working touching other metal on the frame and it shorted out a fuse

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You might consider making sure that the wires do not route between the tire and wheel well.
If you shred a tire, it will tear up your wires and you will be doing a lot more than mounting the spare.
I will have to buy some spacers because my wheel is kinda close to the frame. Thank you for your help

1 - 11 of 11 Posts