El Camino Central Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
dont for get to order the outside seat braces . also if you have buckets seats you need the inner brackets as well. I bought my floor pan in left and right section for the very reason you mentioned.
I got the seat braces. Everything under the feet will be new. I’d like to go with buckets but the wife likes the bench. The bench that’s in it is likely a loss- feet are rusted away and needs to be reupholstered so will probably just replace.

I ended up ordering the 1 piece, much more economical with truck freight when combined with other items and couldn’t get the halves from the place that had other stuff I needed. I may split it down the middle to install. It’ll be a few weeks before everything’s here and I do a mock up before cutting out the old floor and will decide then the best way to proceed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
bit late now, but Rockauto was where I bought my floors from......their left and right hand individual pans do include the outer rocker sections that go up the sides of the areas you are talking about.....pretty sure they're the Sherman branded versions....they don't include the upper section of the trans tunnel, but that area rarely rots out so you can salvage it from the old floor and weld everything together....

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
I got the seat braces. Everything under the feet will be new. I’d like to go with buckets but the wife likes the bench. The bench that’s in it is likely a loss- feet are rusted away and needs to be reupholstered so will probably just replace.

I ended up ordering the 1 piece, much more economical with truck freight when combined with other items and couldn’t get the halves from the place that had other stuff I needed. I may split it down the middle to install. It’ll be a few weeks before everything’s here and I do a mock up before cutting out the old floor and will decide then the best way to proceed.
That's the way I go when sectioning body parts. Trim the damage out and get a feel of where the best place to cut is. Sometimes I'll cut longer or shorter depending on multiple reasons such as easier to weld, or easier to make fit, accessability, or any other thing that comes up. Taking time to think ahead will result in a much better repair. Good luck!

Joe

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I also got floor pans in left and right sections. That excludes the transmission tunnel. That was OK in my case because only floors were shot. Transmission tunnel and rockers were OK.
Then after replacing and priming the floors, I coated them with a bedliner kit. Used a little foam trim roller to apply the bedliner coating. That sucker's not gonna rust...

·
Registered
321 Posts
I Coated mine with 3 coats of epoxy. I used that because I bought a gallon of it to use for the fiberglass I put on the floor of the smugglers notch.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts