El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
5,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the past year we have been fortunate to have new members join us here at El Camino Central that live in this area . A few have asked if others would like to meet up for a local cruise-in or car event . While we encourage them to come to one of our group get togethers like the past Ft. Christmas , Bok Tower and recent St. Augustine Museum Show , we would like to see them also meet up with others are closer to them . Sooo , if you are interested , either post here or start a forum to facilitate a cruise-in , lunch get together or meet up at someone`s garage . Doesn`t need to be anything complicated or even cost anything . One of the fun things is to see what others have done to their ride , get ideas , information or enjoy someone`s pure stock Camino .

·
Senior Member - 2019 Exceptional Action Award
819 Posts
In the past year we have been fortunate to have new members join us here at El Camino Central that live in this area . A few have asked if others would like to meet up for a local cruise-in or car event . While we encourage them to come to one of our group get togethers like the past Ft. Christmas , Bok Tower and recent St. Augustine Museum Show , we would like to see them also meet up with others are closer to them . Sooo , if you are interested , either post here or start a forum to facilitate a cruise-in , lunch get together or meet up at someone`s garage . Doesn`t need to be anything complicated or even cost anything . One of the fun things is to see what others have done to their ride , get ideas , information or enjoy someone`s pure stock Camino .
Thanks Lenny, such a great post! Been trying to promote this for northeast Florida as well !

·
5,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Lenny, such a great post! Been trying to promote this for northeast Florida as well !
Matt , with the efforts that you and 87next2last1 have provided to get some of the members in the northeast part of Florida going , we are somewhat disappointed at the low interest you received . We had hoped that between you , Steve Sanders and our recent St. Augustine Museum Show we would have received better attendance . While the event was excellent , only one of the members was from the area . The other Caminos drove in from as far away as Boca Raton , the Fl. Keys , Palm Beach and Wesley Chappel . I forgot where CherokeeBodie lives . Anyway , hopefully this will change if we do it again ? Soo , if more northeast area members want to meet up , we would like to hear from you . In the meantime , we are hoping that members in the southwest area will become active and meet up . The best way to support these get togethers is by your attendance . Let us know what you think .

Reactions: Kamino60

·
Senior Member - 2019 Exceptional Action Award
819 Posts
Matt , with the efforts that you and 87next2last1 have provided to get some of the members in the northeast part of Florida going , we are somewhat disappointed at the low interest you received . We had hoped that between you , Steve Sanders and our recent St. Augustine Museum Show we would have received better attendance . While the event was excellent , only one of the members was from the area . The other Caminos drove in from as far away as Boca Raton , the Fl. Keys , Palm Beach and Wesley Chappel . I forgot where CherokeeBodie lives . Anyway , hopefully this will change if we do it again ? Soo , if more northeast area members want to meet up , we would like to hear from you . In the meantime , we are hoping that members in the southwest area will become active and meet up . The best way to support these get togethers is by your attendance . Let us know what you think .
Thank you Lenny ! But since Steve and I had issue's and didn't make the St Augustine event I can't say much. I do so appreciate everyone who did make it and to those like you who travel so far. I still believe attendance issue's may have a lot to do with the on going Covid issue and with the age group of our members as well. Just talking for myself if I was retired (still working 50 ours a week) and had a reliable Elky, money and time to travel and of course no on going health issue's I would be at every meet, travel the country for meets. Maybe someday, not to speak for Steve but as he has many challenges as well and we all need to understand that. We would all like to have 500 Elky's at every meet but we have to be realistic. We all have life challenges like one of our members who had to sell his Elky do to health issue's ( I felt so bad for him). I guess what I'm saying is just participate anyway you can, go to meets, organize a cars and coffee, help members answer questions, find them parts, is being a member, just like a family.

·
5,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Matt , gotta agree with you that while we encourage others to attend an event , it is not always an easy task or a done deal .Work , health , time , family needs , $$ , distances , a road ready Camino , are just the short list of why someone may not be able to attend . Our efforts are to hopefully have something in an area that they can attend if all the things line up to allow it . You and Steve are very active and between the time you both provide our members with advice , moderating , events , parts etc. Region 6 is indeed lucky you do what you do . The Pandemic has indeed cancelled or slowed down many of the things we like to do , not just car events . Slowly we have been coming back out into the light and hopefully things will continue to improve for all of us .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts