El Camino Central Forum banner

Are you interested in having a picnic at Fort Christmas on July 31st?

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,981 Posts
Looking forward to meeting JasonFromEarth and find out where that name came from . CherokeeBodie , good to hear you will join us . Miss not seeing you from I think was the previous year`s Gainesville Get Together ? Have you continued to do the shooting competitions ? Squag , where are you on the work you had going on with your ride ? I accepted Chuck`s generous invite to stay at his home going up and back for the Ft. Christmas get together . I cannot seem to get my rain wipers working right but that will not prevent me from attending . Been trying to purchase a 59 El Camino and would love to have one in time for the event . Man , I sure love road trips :)

Reactions: squag27

·
Registered
98 Posts
Looking forward to meeting JasonFromEarth and find out where that name came from . CherokeeBodie , good to hear you will join us . Miss not seeing you from I think was the previous year`s Gainesville Get Together ? Have you continued to do the shooting competitions ? Squag , where are you on the work you had going on with your ride ? I accepted Chuck`s generous invite to stay at his home going up and back for the Ft. Christmas get together . I cannot seem to get my rain wipers working right but that will not prevent me from attending . Been trying to purchase a 59 El Camino and would love to have one in time for the event . Man , I sure love road trips :)
Just mainly maintenance work on the El Camino. She's been good. Have had wiper problem for awhile but more my fault then the car. I'll explain when I see you. Was doing Cowboy Action Shooting and reenactments but thats stopped for number of reasons. Looking forward to getting active again and seeing everyone.
Bill C

·
Registered
782 Posts
Still expecting to make it to this event. I can't seem to shake a vibration at highway speeds on mine that came about after the rear end rebuild but I'm about at the point of giving up and paying a shop to handle it so one way or another I'm still planning on making it up there at the end of July.

·
4,981 Posts
Chris , Thanks for reminding me that I should reapply a coat of Rain X . It has helped with questional wipers . Tried my hand at messing with them as well as taking it in to the shop but so far they are still questionable . Living in the Keys sometimes has it`s drawbacks . Cherokee Brodie , good to hear that you are still doing the competition shooting . Hopefully like so many other things that the Pandemic has affected , will slowly and safely come back on line . I think that your shooting is so :cool: . Going up to Chuck`s a day ahead to look around Boca Raton . Never actually stopped there . Hey , what can I expect with the name Boca Raton meaning rat`s mouth in Spanish ? Skinyfisher`s 69 rebuild is coming together and hoping to drive over for the day to meet up with us . I saw it earlier when we drove in my Camino to Steve`s Sanders Gainesville Get Together and it looked sooo fine . It is too early to " count my chickens " , but Joan and I are in the process of buying a 59 Camino and hoping to get it shipped from the north down to the Florida Keys . Not sure if I will decide to try my first road trip in it so soon . Hoping to keep both the 87 and the 59 and will have to see if I can afford to do so . Neil has done so much great work on my 87 and I absolutely love driving it . Who else is up for R/T`s open air get together at historic Ft. Christmas ?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
JUST THIRTY DAYS TO GO

WILL YOU BE THERE?
Attendees
R/T & Ona
Lenny
Squag 27
Cherokee Bodie
Chris Nelson?????
FL Kymino
Jason From Earth?????
Ed on the Beach
Owen?????
Brant & Fran
Kentf

COME ON FOLKS DON'T BE BASHFUL COME OUT AND ENJOY THE COMRADERIE WITH FELLOW MEMBER

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
How about a head count so I can start making a grocery list

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
We can't make it , we're both sick with bad colds under Dr. care & Mary has surgery scheduled for July 21 if she gets well . Don't want to infect the group . If things change & we do come we'll bring our own food . Thanks & have a good time .

·
Registered
98 Posts
JUST THIRTY DAYS TO GO

WILL YOU BE THERE?
Attendees
R/T
Lenny
Squag
Cherokee Bodie
Chris Nelson????
FL Kymino
Jason From Earth?????
Ed on the Beach
Owen?????
Brant

COME ON FOLKS DON'T BE BASHFUL COME OUT AND ENJOY THE COMRADERIE WITH FELLOW MEMBER
yes
Bill C
aka Cherokee Bodie

·
4,981 Posts
Yes , I am attending . Plan on driving up with Fl Kymino and Squag . Who up is up for a get together ?

·
4,981 Posts
Jason , Good to hear you have made the switch to Florida and we look forward to meeting you at the Ft. Christmas Get Together . I had never heard of Glen St. Mary and was surprised to see that is just slightly southwest of Jacksonville , population around 450 . As a region , we are just starting to get active again and we hope that with each get together our number of attending members grows . Big turnout or small , it is all fun . Hat trick , yes the 59 arrived on a trailer Saturday at 5 am o_O . Waiting to get the title and tag for it before I can put it on the road and find out about how it drives. My wife and I are soo happy with it . I will post more soon . Old Bear has graciously offered to help me post some photos here at ECC .

·
Registered
782 Posts
Jason , Good to hear you have made the switch to Florida and we look forward to meeting you at the Ft. Christmas Get Together . I had never heard of Glen St. Mary and was surprised to see that is just slightly southwest of Jacksonville , population around 450 . As a region , we are just starting to get active again and we hope that with each get together our number of attending members grows . Big turnout or small , it is all fun . Hat trick , yes the 59 arrived on a trailer Saturday at 5 am o_O . Waiting to get the title and tag for it before I can put it on the road and find out about how it drives. My wife and I are soo happy with it . I will post more soon . Old Bear has graciously offered to help me post some photos here at ECC .
Lenny as the region 6 director I'd argue it's your obligation to get those pictures taken and posted as quickly as possible! I know I'm not the only one who wants to see your '59.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts