El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cadillac Seville SLS,, they are buckets, power seats ect,, but I did not see how to remove them,, the front mounts look like they just slide in, the bracket looks like a L, and slides into a slot up front,, the rears,, not to sure,, has anyone pulled seats out of a Cadillac before???? Thanks Matty man

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I figured it out,, I did not get the seats I wanted but got a 94 Seville set of seats,, the seats I still want, better shape,, the tracks are back over the mount bolts,, has anyone used a battery box(the jump start boxes) to get a 12 volt source to energize the tracks to get them foward?? Or what did you use?? I would love to get those other seats,, also there is another set out of a 96 Seville that the seats are so/so, the drivers side foam is worn,, but a good set up electric seats,, thanks matty man

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
Booster pak will work, so will a battery charger. Ground the ground cable and clamp the red to something small and pointy like an ice pick. Just stick the pick into the connecter until the seat moves in the right direction. But be careful with airbags if they're in the seat bolsters.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Bobby78,, I dont think the seats have air bags,, or side air bags,, thanks I think it`s time to get a booster,, Thanks Matty man

·
Registered
342 Posts
i've used a battery for a cordless drill before. it's a little extra voltage, but does the job. it's alot easier to carry around too. dont forget the gator clips

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
There's an idea! BTW the booster paks are nothing more than a motorcycle battery so there's another possibility.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
matty man as you said you probably figured it out but I'll say it for those that don't know.The front of the seats have a slip hook design and are held in place at the back of the seat runner with a T50 torx bolt (one on each runner).If you have a battery operated impact wrench take it with you ,if not take a breaker bar to loosen those torx bolts.Once the torx bolts are out you just tilt the whole seat forward to clear the notches the slip hook is in.
I believe if you have a 12V to 14V drill you can use the battery to power the seat,just remember it won't last very long.If you have an 18V drill do not hold the seat switch down,move the seat in short bursts until you get it far enough forward to get at the bolts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts